Digital audio is awash with virtual samplers, synthesizers of every hue and color, dedicated virtual instruments that emulate choirs, orchestral instruments, while developers are tackling even more possible permutation with ever and ever greater success. But with this vast resource comes the ever present problem of how to manage the huge inventory.
KORE is an integrated software and hardware system that consists of a controller with hardware knobs and switches and software that allows the user to load all their VST and Audio Units virtual instruments and plug-ins into a unified software interface. All the important parameters are laid out in identical fashion while mirroring the layout of the hardware controller.
A structured concept was followed by Native Instruments in assigning each of the presets' parameters to the KORE interface, resulting in the controls for timbre, source, modulation, effects always being grouped together in various easy access pages. Other controls are always accessible and the complete instrument or plug-in can be fully opened out of the KORE rack with a simple click of the mouse.
The hardware controller, if required, can also function as an audio interface that communicates with, and is powered from, a computer via a USB 2.0 interface. Dual 1/4" inputs and outputs, headphone output along with controller pedal input, two foot pedal inputs and digital output make the controller a fully functional audio solution.
KORE is not only a fantastic tool for live performance but it can also be used as an effect rack with which to manipulate live signals by routing external audio sources through KORE, via the controller and using the on-board or AU / VST effects to change the sound. Sync can also be established to run in tempo with other loop or tempo generating sources.
- Universal sound platform and performing environment uniting Audio Units and VST plug-in instruments and effects
- Perfectly integrated software and hardware system
- Hardware controller for analog feel, hand-on control of KORE and all Audio Units and VST plug-ins
- Integrated 24-bit/96kHz USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface
- Sound browser searches for sounds by musical attributes
- Kore Sound Format stores information describing a sound's musical characteristics and attributes
- Kore Sound Format saves layers, splits routings and embedded MIDI files
- Integrated mixer with send, insert group channels and fourteen effects
- Live performance features allow seamless transitions between set-ups
- Universal compatibility allows Kore Sound to be used on almost any system
- The most important sound parameters for nearly all the presets included in NI KOMPLETE 4, plus the 2000 included in NI KOMPLETE SOUND 2 have already been assigned to the knobs and buttons on the KORE interface