The Mbox 2 Pro from Digidesign is a FireWire based, portable audio/MIDI production system capable of recording audio at 24-bit resolution with up to 96kHz sample rates. The system comes packaged with Digidesign's Pro Tools LE software, fifty effects and instrument plug-ins and the Pro Tools Ignition Pack that covers the entire spectrum of audio production.
The interface features four analog and two digital input-channels that include two microphone preamps with switchable 48V phantom power. Six analog and two digital output-channels include dedicated studio monitor outputs with volume control. Although the system is highly portable, Wordclock I/O on BNC connectors allows the interface to function in a professional studio environment.
Systems purchased on or after October 3rd 2008, and all current purchasers are eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools LE 8 when it becomes available.
- FireWire audio interface with comprehensive connectivity, powered by FireWire bus or included adapter
- Six simultaneous inputs and eight simultaneous outputs
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz resolution (does not support external sync at 88.2 and 96kHz sample rates)
- Two instrument DI inputs on the front panel
- Built-in phono preamp input (RCA) for direct turntable connection
- Two channels of S/PDIF coaxial (RCA) digital I/O
- Sixteen channels of MIDI input and output with MIDI Time Stamping (MTS) support for superior timing and accuracy
- BNC Wordclock I/O
- Low-latency monitoring
- Two stereo headphone outputs with independent volume controls and dedicated studio monitor outputs with volume control
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Pro Tools LE recording, editing and mixing software with thirty-two simultaneous audio tracks (128 virtual audio tracks,) upgradeable to forty-eight tracks with optional Music Production Toolkit or DV Toolkit 2
- Fully integrated MIDI sequencing with 256 simultaneous MIDI tracks
- Over fifty processing plug-ins, virtual instruments and compatible applications
- Beat Detective LE automatic groove analysis and correction tool
- Support for streaming ReWire applications into Pro Tools
- Support for the Digidesign Control 24 and Command 8 control surfaces