The Final Cut Studio 2 Production Software Suite for Mac from Apple is the premiere professional suite for the Mac OS X platform. The suite includes Final Cut Pro 6 for nonlinear video editing, Motion 3 for graphics creation, Soundtrack Pro 2 for audio editing, Color for color correction, Compressor 3 for video compression and DVD Studio Pro 4 for DVD and HD DVD authoring.
Final Cut Studio delivers a complete end-to-end post-production workflow that can be used for independent projects, Hollywood productions and corporate training videos alike. Final Cut Pro's open timeline supports mixed format video from DV, SD, HDV, XDCAM HD, DVCPRO HD and uncompressed HD sources. The suite features an interface that veteran Final Cut users will feel at home in. Users new to the software will appreciate its intuitiveness and contextual help menus.
- Final Cut Pro 6
- Final Cut Pro is the heart of the Final Cut Studio. The software can digitally capture video via FireWire. It is also compatible with leading analog and SDI capture cards that function on OS X. Final Cut's open timeline allows you to edit video with mixed formats and frame rates without headaches. It also supports Apple's ProRes 422 format, a compression scheme that delivers HD-quality video at file sizes closer to that of SD.
- Motion 3
- The aptly named Motion is a software tool for professional motion graphics creation. The software supports both 2D and 3D multiplane graphics. The software includes over 150 GPU-accelerated filters and effects. These can be customized to add the perfect touch for your video project.
- Soundtrack Pro 2
- Soundtrack Pro is a multitrack audio editor that is designed for use in video post-production environments. It features tools for working with dialogue and supports surround sound mixing. Soundtrack also features an automatic audio conform process that tracks, manages and synchronizes changes between Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack.
- Color is a professional, dedicated color grading and correction tool. Color features tools that can perform primary and secondary color grade adjustments for SD, HD and 2K resolution video projects. The software features real-time preview of grading results, allowing you to render only when you are ready. Color takes full advantage of the computer's GPU for 4:4:4 output.
- Compressor 3
- In the vast majority of cases video must first be compressed to facilitate practical distribution. Compressor 3 gives you the tools to output video at resolutions and file sizes that are appropriate for a range of delivery methods. The software creates optimally compressed video that is appropriate for YouTube, iPod, cell phones, DVD, HD DVD, Blu-ray or even high-definition broadcast.
- DVD Studio Pro 4
- DVD creation has become an art form in its own right. Media artists and video producers are able to customize the presentation of their work with innovative menus, additional audio tracks for commentary, multiple video angles and other advanced features that were never possible on VHS. DVD Studio Pro 4 puts the power to control home presentation of your work at your fingertips. It includes all the tools necessary to create professional DVDs with interactive features that rival those of special edition DVDs of big-budget blockbusters. The software even supports HD DVD authoring for professional presentation of high-definition content.