The RemoteMix 4 from JK Audio is a 4-channel field mixer, headphone amplifier, and communications interface, packed into a rugged enclosure that's smaller than a lunchbox. Designed to work together in the field with minimal setup, the components of the RemoteMix 4 are ideal for radio, television, or filmmaking.
The unit features a phone line hybrid and keypad, as well as a PBX handset interface, and a cell phone interface, providing terrific phone options for radio call-ins or live remotes. Four IFB feeds allow you to send and receive interview audio, as well as pull IFB from a business or cell phone.
The RemoteMix 4 first tries to connect to cell phones via Bluetooth wireless technology. If a connection can't be made, a 2.5mm jack allows a hard-wired connection. Other connectors include 4 XLR inputs with phantom power, an XLR line output, 4 1/4" headphone jacks, a 1/4" line input, and 3.5mm send and receive jacks.
The device also includes intelligent power management features. It offers two 9V battery bays, as well as an AC power supply. Since phantom power is not always needed, the phantom generator only operates when switched on via the rear panel. The AC power supply will only override the batteries if it is supplying power, so if the power goes out, the unit will automatically switch to battery power. One or 2 batteries can be used, and separate compartments are provided for hot-swapping batteries.
- Compact and rugged design
- Field mixer, headphone amp, and communications interface in a single unit
- Ideal for radio and television applications
- Phone line hybrid, keypad, PBX interface, and cell phone interface are ideal for phone interviews and call-in programs
- Bluetooth wireless technology and 2.5mm jack provide cell connectivity options
- Mic input with phantom power via 4 XLR inputs
- Headphone connection via 4 1/4" jacks
- Separate headphone source selection and level controls
- XLR and 1/4" line outputs
- Standard 3.5mm send/receive jacks for recording audio or mixing in external audio sources
- Bass boost and soft limiter functions
- Separate 9V battery bays for hot-swapping, as well as an AC power supply