Yielding no compromises, the 1V is Canon's benchmark in professional 35mm SLR cameras. The lightning-fast autofocus via a 45-point system can be customized to the needs of the user. Seven super-sensitive cross sensors detect vertical as well as horizontal lines of subjects. The central sensor works even with working apetures as low as f/8, meaning one still retains autofocus function using f/4 lenses with 2X teleconverters.
Control layout of the 1V shares the lineage of the original EOS-1. Users of the 1, 1N & 3 will find the operation intuitively. Sealing of the 1V is the best in the history of the Canon line; together with new "L" telephoto lenses one can shoot in the worst of conditions. The 100% accurate viewfinder is as bright and contrasty as any autofocus camera. Custom functions allow personalizaton of autofocus, metering, operating systems, etc. Of course like the original EOS-1 you have TTL flash operation, PC terminal for studio flash, exposure compensation in 1/3rd-stop increments, wireless remote capacity and compatibility with all Canon EF lenses.
The HS version comes packaged with the PB-E2 Power Drive Booster attached (removable). To use the camera without the booster, GR-E2 Grip is required.
- Magnesium alloy body covers and hybrid chassis for maximum strength
- Shutter durability tested to 150,000 cycles
- 72 individual gaskets for moisture & dust resistance
- Fast AF and continuous shooting speeds: 9 fps/AI Servo, 10 fps/One Shot with PB-E2/NP-E2
- 20 built-in Custom Functions plus 31 additional Personal Functions (a total of 63 individual settings) with optional accessory PC Link enable photographers to customize the EOS-1v for specific applications.
- Rubberised grip surfaces and proven EOS-1 control layout
- PC Link software for data transfer & remote control