For those making music with GarageBand or other software recording programs, Fast Track USB from M-Audio is the easiest way to record guitar with professional results. It is simply a matter of connecting the unit to the USB port of a computer.
Fast Track USB has an input for instruments like guitar, bass and keyboards, plus a microphone input for recording vocals or other acoustic sounds.
The included GT Player Express software provides great stomp-box effects, so no other gear is needed. GT Player Express also plays standard audio files like AAC, MP3 and WAV that lets the user learn and jam along with their favorite music at variable speeds.
Fast Track Interface
- Easy to connect and use USB audio interface for both Mac and Windows with professional 24-bit/48kHz sound
- Dynamic microphone input (XLR) with gain control and signal LEDs
- Switchable instrument/line input on 1/4" TS phone connector
- Compatible with GarageBand and most other music software
- Direct hardware monitoring for synchronized overdubs
- Mono switch sends input signal equally to left and right channels
GT Player Express Software
- Guitar amplifier and stomp-box modeling
- Standalone operation, ReWire or VST plug-in
- Plays standard audio files with variable speed playback