The Pavilion dv6-6140us 15.6" Notebook Computer (Steel Gray) from Hewlett-Packard is a portable entertainment PC designed for people who want to bring their media with them on the road. This HP notebook has a 15.6" widescreen display with LED backlighting and HP BrightView antiglare technology. The 1366 x 768 native resolution is powered by AMD Radeon HD 6620G discrete-level graphics.
Beats Audio is exclusive to HP notebook computers and is provided through integrated quad speakers. The rear pair of speakers can tilt forward to kick the sound right at you for the ultimate listening experience. Beats Audio is unlike other laptop speakers because it can eliminate electronic background noise, go from whisper quiet to blasting loud without flattening out the sound, add powerful amplifiers for full-bodied sound and a bass boost button to pump up volume even more.
This system is powered by a quad-core 2.4GHz A8-3500M accelerated processor with VISION A8 technology. It also has 6GB of DDR3 RAM, a 640GB 5400rpm SATA hard drive, a built-in HP TrueVision HD low-light webcam, an integrated digital microphone, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support. Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Beats Audio
- HP sound engineers collaborated with Dr. Dre, will.i.am and InterScope Records founder Jimmy Iovine to deliver the best audio experience available on a notebook computer today. Exclusive to HP computers, this notebook has integrated quad speakers with built-in Beats Audio technology. The rear pair of speakers can tilt forward to kick the sound right at you for the ultimate listening experience. Beats Audio improves sound quality by eliminating electronic background noise, going from mute to maximum volume without flattening out the sound, adding powerful amplifiers for full-bodied sound and a bass boost button for to pump up volume even more. Beats Audio lets you hear and feel the music just as the artist intended
- True-to-Life Graphics
- Featuring breakthrough AMD VISION technology, this HP notebook houses the AMD Radeon HD 6620G discrete-level graphics processing unit (GPU). This GPU can convert up to 3061MB of total graphics memory out of the installed 6GB of DDR3 RAM. Enjoy stunning image quality and smooth HD playback for the ultimate multimedia experience on a portable notebook. The 15.6" HP BrightView LED-backlit display supports a 1366 x 768 native resolution. You will also be able to connect to a larger external display, such as a HD monitor or HDTV, via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- Now you can enjoy the best online experience possible with a 10/100/1000 Ethernet jack, 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support. A built-in HP TrueVision HD Webcam with an integrated digital microphone puts you face-to-face with friends or colleagues. In low lighting, this webcam automatically boosts sensitivity so you can still be visible in dark rooms. Capture high quality HD videos or photos and send them to friends or post them on Facebook. The 6-cell battery allows for up to 5 hours of run time so you can stay connected while on the go
- Comfort & Convenience
- HP CoolSense technology rethinks the materials, ventilation system and placement of components on this HP notebook. Built to be noticeably cooler, an exclusive software control panel is included which enables you to simply select your comfort level. This HP notebook can sense whether you're using it at a desk, couch or bed and can adjust accordingly
- Going Green in Style
- Enjoy a high quality steel gray finish on the brushed aluminum chassis of this HP notebook. The sleek design will leave your onlookers in awe while making others green with envy. Speaking of green, this HP notebook is Energy Star certified and EPEAT Silver registered for excellent energy efficiency. It also has a mercury-free LED display, arsenic-free display glass and free recycling for your old computer hardware to promote a green, eco-friendly lifestyle
- Tough Enough
- HP notebooks are engineered to meet select US Department of Defense standards for equipment used in combat to help ensure they survive extreme conditions for high temperature, humidity, shock and vibration. Before releasing this HP notebook for consumer use, it was put through a minimum of 140 tests in order to ensure it can outlast the rigors of daily life