A compact design and powerful performance are combined in the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini GT-I8190 International 8GB Smartphone. For power and multitasking, this device has a 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex A9 dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM. This model stores up to 8GB of data and features a microSDHC slot, which supports memory cards up to 32GB for additional storage capacity. The smartphone's micro-USB interface allows you to connect the device for mass-storage purposes and also serves as a charging port.
The Samsung Galaxy S III mini is endowed with a 4.0" Super AMOLED screen, which is designed to produce robust images and color depth. The screen's 800 x 480 resolution enables you to view detailed content. For photo capturing and video chatting, this smartphone features a VGA front camera and a 5-megapixel rear camera. You can even launch the camera with your voice via the integrated S Voice app.
High-speed Internet access is enabled by the smartphone's integrated dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity. Bluetooth 4.0 is also built-in for pairing with other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Built-in GPS allows you to utilize Google Location and Maps services, as well as receive turn-by-turn directions. The Samsung Galaxy S III mini has a removable 1500mAh battery that can deliver up to 14.2 hours of talk time.
- GSM / 3.5G HSPA+ Wireless Connectivity
This phone is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 3.5G HSPA+ capable. HSPA+ is a cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds much faster than standard 3G; in some cases, HSPA+ comes close to 4G LTE speeds, but is more widely available than LTE because it uses 3G networks. With an HSPA+ connection, this phone should have no problem streaming video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 2G data networks for instances when you can't get an HSPA+ signal. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Note: Not compatible with all cellular networks. Please make sure your provider uses a frequency or band that this phone supports. You can check which bands this phone works with in the Specifications.
- Android 4.1
- The Android operating system features a user-friendly interface, and is designed for intuitive multi-touch navigation. You can customize your home screen with frequently used apps and widgets, as well as create folders and shortcuts to often used items like system settings and bookmarked webpages. With the Android operating system, you will also have access to the Google Play Store, which offers a vast library of apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. And with native mass storage support, you can have your Android device interface with a computer for file management and content sharing.
- Samsung Apps
Pop Up Play: Pop up Play allows you to send text messages while watching a video.
Direct Call: When you are messaging someone and decide to call instead, simply lift your phone to your ear and Direct Call will dial their number for you.
S Voice: Samsung's natural language recognition software, lets you use your voice to unlock the phone with simple customized commands, or to play your favorite songs, turn the volume up or down, organize your schedule, or automatically launch the camera and start taking photos.
Smart Alert: The Samsung Galaxy S III mini gives you a brief vibrating nudge to inform you about missed calls and new messages.
- The Galaxy S III mini is designed to have a comfortable grip and gentle curves to deliver a natural feel.
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4 + 5 GHz)
- Wi-Fi Direct
- APGS with GLONASS
- Bluetooth Profiles: HSP, HFP1.5, A2DP, SPP, OPP, PBAP, MAP, AVRCP 1.3, HID
- AllShare Play with USB 2.0 support
- KIES, KIES Air support