The PODxt Pro is a hardware effect and amplifier modeler with amplifier tones from Line 6's flagship Vetta and effects based on Echoplex, Uni-Vibe, Tube Screamer and over forty other models. Also included are virtual microphones with on/off axis options and a USB digital output. It is housed in a 2U rack mount enclosure.
The routing of effects and amplifier within the PODxt Pro is very flexible. For instance fuzz can be run through a tape delay and into a small tweed amp. Or a high-powered "treadplate" head with a "1 x 8" speaker cabinet captured with an off-axis microphone and then processed with stereo delays. The cabinet/microphone modeling allows one to choose from four different classic microphone models and adjust how much of the room sound is present. There's even a dedicated studio-quality compressor.
The unit has a USB digital in/out for direct digital computer recording. And its flash-based memory means easy upgrades to keep the unit updated. Connectivity include a pair of XLR and 1/4" outputs, 24-bit/96kHz digital inputs and outputs (AES/EBU and S/PDIF,) a stereo effects loop and the USB port. With sixty-four user/factory presets and MIDI I/O the PODxt Pro provides instant access to an unbelievable collection of classic guitar rigs.
- Hardware amplifier/microphone and effects modeling guitar processor
- Thirty-two legendary and classic amplifier models
- Twenty-two cabinets and four microphone models
- Forty-nine stompbox and studio effects
- Flexible routing options with an external effects loop
- Programmable stereo effects loop
- Stereo XLR and 1/4" analog outputs
- AES/EBU, S/PDIF and USB Digital I/O
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- USB digital I/O
- Full MIDI support