The Canon Pixma Pro9500 Photo Printer has been designed and developed to accommodate pro photographers and imaging professionals who need the highest possible quality output together with significant print longevity.
The printer uses ten individual ink tanks of Canon's long lasting, Lucia brand pigment based inks. It applies that ink with renowned Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) technology using a 7,680 nozzle print head to create photographs and other works of art that are rich in detail, texture and tone.
The Canon Lucia inks include a matte black ink that provides high density true black renditions on fine art papers, while the Photo Black ink provides high contrast. The gray ink reduces graininess and lines and stabilizes the gray balance in the print. It also reduces the photo phenomenon known as metamerism. These neutral tone inks, combined with the other included colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, photo cyan, photo magenta, red and green), are precisely placed by the Pixma Pro9500 Photo Printer in droplets as small as three-picoliters to produce images with superb image quality and color accuracy. To further increase productivity, efficiency, and value, all 10 individual ink tanks reside in the print head at all times, saving time (and ink) by eliminating the need to swap out tanks before printing.
The PIXMA Pro9500 Photo Printer is bundled with Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software - a plug-in software program for Adobe Photoshop applications, and Canon Digital Photo Pro (DPP), which permits one-click image transfer; offers simple settings for color management and allows users to configure printer settings once for images on multiple sheets.
Among its myriad other features, the Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software facilitates the printing of RAW images (as a high quality TIFF or JPEG) without having to save from the Canon DPP software. The Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software also creates pattern prints that demonstrate different color balance, brightness, and contrast from the original image and prints them on a sheet of paper for easy comparison. Users can even configure the color settings for different types of papers and adjustment values can be saved for later use.
- High Quality Results with FINE Printhead Technology
- With a print resolution of up to 4800 x 2400 color dpi and Canon's advanced MicroFine Droplet Technology which uses a revolutionary nozzle system that ejects consistent prescribed-volume droplets as small as 3 picoliters - you'll get photo prints with remarkable detail that rival professional photo lab prints and text that is laser sharp.
- 10 full-time Color Lucia Pigment Ink System
- The printer uses ten individual tanks of Canon's long lasting, Lucia branded pigment based inks. These Lucia inks (photo black, matte black, gray, cyan, magenta, yellow, photo cyan, photo magenta, red and green) produce prints with dramatically wide color gamut and extraordinary color reproduction in the green, red, and yellow-to-orange color ranges for color images of exceptional virtuosity and quality.
- Professional Quality B&W Photos
- This printer delivers remarkable results when printing gallery-grade monochromatic photos. The Matte Black ink provides high density true black renditions on fine art papers; the Photo Black ink provides high contrast and, most telling of all, the gray ink reduces graininess and stabilizes the gray balance in the print (by using less color in the gray image areas). The gray ink also reduces the photo phenomenon known as metamerism, where composite gray (achieved with combinations of cyan, magenta and yellow ink) results in image areas that look different under different lighting conditions (such as sunlight, fluorescent light, and incandescent light) due to the differences in spectral reflectance properties of each of the composite colors.
- 10 Individual Ink Tanks
- The pixma Pro9500 printer is designed such that all 10 individual ink tanks reside in the print head at all times, saving time (and ink) by eliminating the need to swap out tanks before printing. Now, pros who may have been inconvenienced by swapping ink tanks can simply load all the tanks in the printer and never worry about which ink goes with which project. Furthermore, the Canon Think Tank System uses an intelligent ink management system and lets you replace only the color that runs out, rather than an entire multi-ink cartridge containing unused ink, helping to reduce waste and save you money. A unique low-ink sensor alerts you when ink levels are low, so you can drop in a new tank and avoid running out of ink unexpectedly.
- Support for Fine Art Paper Products
- The PIXMA Pro9500 Photo Printer is equipped with two separate paper paths, including a front feeder for heavyweight paper types. Besides being able to print on all of the canon photo papers, the printer produces unsurpassed results with a full range of fine art paper products including Canons latest Fine art paper products such as The 100 percent cotton, Fine Art Photo Rag and Fine Art Premium Matte papers. The printer will also produce impressive image quality on many third party paper products such as PCM DEEP PV "hakou" papers, Arches Pure White Soft papers, and Hahnemule Torchon, and William Turner papers.
- Professional Printer Features Using Easy-PhotoPrint Pro
- Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software is a plug-in software program for Adobe Photoshop applications (CS and CS2), and Canon Digital Photo Pro (DPP) which permits one-click image transfer; offers simple settings for color management and allows users to configure printer settings once for images on multiple sheets. The Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software can also create pattern prints that demonstrate different color balance, brightness, and contrast than the original image. This pattern print can present up to 48 possible image variations on a sheet of paper for easy comparison, allowing users to see what their prints will look like without wasting vast quantities of paper, ink, and of course, time. Users can even configure the color settings for different types of papers and adjustment values can be stored for later use.
- Long Life Prints
- The ChromaLife100 ink system and Lucia pigment-based inks have WIR Display Permanence Ratings in excess of 100 years for color images and significantly beyond that for monochrome when printing on select Canon photo and fine art papers. The pigmented inks also provide excellent short-term color drift behavior, which is critically important for color managed workflows and for proofing applications.
- Direct Photo Printing From PictBridge-Compatible Digital Cameras
- Just plug in a select Canon Direct-Print digital camera or PictBridge supported digital camera, and you'll instantly have complete control of the Printers' customized functions including automatic printing using DPOF, index printing, partial image printing, multiple copy printing, exact size printing and more. It's amazingly simple because you operate it all straight from your camera. You can even add a date stamp - All without ever touching a computer. There is also expanded editing capability when using the Canon EOS D30 Digital SLR, including adjustment of contrast, color tone, saturation, and color balance. Users can even add shooting information directly on to their prints.