The DataColor Spyder3Pro provides monitor color calibration for serious photographers and creative pros who require a high degree of color accuracy; from capturing images, to digital editing and printing. The Spyder3 is the only colorimeter available on the market offering a seven detector color engine, with an aperture several times larger than other devices, thereby increasing its light sensitivity by 400 percent for increased accuracy and performance. This ensures consistent color on all LCD, CRT, and laptop displays.
Among its most innovative features is a proofing capability called SpyderProof that brings an impressive level of color control to any digital workflow. SpyderProof enables professionals to evaluate calibration with a before and after mode. Professionals can view four quadrants of thematic photos to specifically evaluate saturated colors, skin tones, gradients, and black and white images to ensure the desired calibration results.
As compared to its award-winning predecessor Spyder2, the Spyder3 offers a sleeker design that's 37 percent smaller and incorporates third-generation Spyder technology. The updated form factor includes an embedded ambient light detector and desktop cradle. It also includes an easy-to-use, photo-centric user interface with features that photographers and creative professionals need.
Designed for the way photographers work, the Spyder3Pro is the next generation in calibration accuracy, precision and speed, allowing you to create profiles to your specifications and bring an unprecedented level of color control to your work.
- Third Generation Spyder Technology
- The Spyder3 colorimeter is based on a state-of-the-art optical design, using a 7-detector color engine and a very large light aperture, providing unrivaled performance. In conjunction with the patented filter array and embedded ambient light sensor, the Spyder3 provides industry-leading performance for the precision calibration of LCD, CRT, projector and notebook displays. 1
- Elegant Form and Function
- With a unique fusion of design excellence and functionality, the Spyder3 offers a small footprint, embedded ambient light sensor, and LED indicator. Furthermore, the desktop cradle can be used for storage, or ambient light monitoring.
- Fast and Precise Measurement
- The Spyder3 has increased light sensitivity by 400% as compared to the previous edition, and also features the largest screen sample area or aperture in the industry resulting in improved accuracy on LCD screens and a faster calibration time.
- Super-Fast ReCAL
- ReCAL reduces full calibration time by more than half allowing you to quickly and easily re-calibrate on a more frequent basis or before any important shoot or post-production project.
- Intelligent Ambient Light Control
- Embedded with a next-generation, high precision sensor, Spyder3 automatically measures the ambient light within a room for a new level of precision calibration.
- Support for Next Generation Displays
- The patented Spyder3 optical design and color engine enable precise calibration and profiling of the latest in wide gamut, LED backlight and AdobeRGB displays.
- SpyderProof Function
- Evaluate your calibration in before and after mode using four quadrants of thematic photos targeting Saturated Colors, Skin Tones, Gradients and Black & White. Zoom in on any photo to scrutinize highlights, shadow detail, color or tonal response. Softproof the images using your own custom profiles. Designed for the way photographers work, SpyderProof brings you an impressive level of color control to help you achieve color excellence.
- Cross-platform Compatibility
- Spyder3Pro software runs on today's popular hardware and software platforms, including Windows, Macintosh and even Intel based Macintosh systems, and is the only calibration product that works efficiently on any computer, running Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows XP (32/64), Vista (32/64), and 7 (32/64).