The Epson Stylus Photo R1900 Inkjet Printer has been optimized for printing stunning portraits thanks to the Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment ink set which includes red and orange inks to produce vibrant skin tones, and a gloss optimizer cartridge for even surface gloss on your prints, making them indistinguishable from traditionally produced portraits.
The Epson R1900 also includes innovative Radiance technology, co-developed by R.I.T., to maximize the color gamut while simultaneously optimizing print quality. Your images will exhibit reduced graininess and smoother color transitions with better consistency when displayed under virtually any lighting condition.
This powerful, wide-format printer offers incredible print media versatility with the ability to print up to 13" wide and up to 44" long. It prints on a wide variety of media types including glossy, luster, matte, canvas and fine art papers. It can even print directly onto inkjet-receivable CD & DVD disks so you can produce professional looking slide shows and movie discs.
- Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 Ink Set
- This 8-color pigment ink set includes Red and Orange ink cartridges for an astonishing range of colors and improved facial tones, and also includes Photo and Matte Black ink for the best possible image density - regardless of the paper type being used. The black inks are also auto switching so there is no need to remove and replace ink cartridges when you change paper. There is also an improved Gloss Optimizer to deliver a uniform gloss finish and an unprecedented glossy feel. The reformulated inks are also instant-drying and provide instant color stability to produces archival quality prints that are smudge, fade, and water resistant.
- Radiance Technology
- Epson's innovative Radiance technology uses an advanced mathematical architecture to efficiently use each ink color and dramatically enhance image quality, while optimizing the color gamut. Radiance technology also ensures smoother color transitions, reduced grain, and improved color constancy when your image is displayed under different lighting conditions.
- Fast Print Speeds
- With the Epson R1900, you can produce gallery-quality prints at incredibly fast speeds. Print at the highest resolution of 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi, and you'll produce an 11 x 14 fine-art print in as fast as 156 seconds.
- Remarkable Media Versatility
- The Epson R1900 can accommodate cut-sheet, and roll-fed media and prints on just about any type of inkjet receivable paper including Fine Art paper, textured paper, Photo paper - even Canvas cloth. Plus the printer includes a CD/DVD Print tray so you can create professional looking discs for catalogs or archives. Furthermore, you can print spectacular panoramas up to 13 x 44" long or create BorderFree prints in seven popular sizes including 4 x 6", 5 x 7", 8 x 10", 8.5 x 11", 11 x 14", 12 x 12" and 13 x 19".
- Reliable Print Engine
- The Epson R1900 is designed to be a reliable workhorse printer - even in a high-volume role. The print heads are treated with a special ink-repellent coating to ensure accurate dot placement and minimize nozzle clogging. A mist-collection system is in place to absorb ink overspray, keeping the inside of the printer clean and reducing jamming. Even the cartridges have been designed to maintain optimum printer performance with special glass beads inside to keep the ink agitated and prevent clotting which can shorten the cartridge life and lead to clogs in the ink delivery system.
- Precise Color Manufacturing
- Each R1900 is subjected to colorimetric calibration during the manufacturing process so users are assured of consistent color output from printer to printer. This unique quality-assurance feature eliminates the need to calibrate between printers for larger printing facilities that may be using more than one printer.
- Convenient Connectivity
- The R1900 includes two USB ports, so users can quickly connect a laptop to the printer while it is still connected to another PC, and the printer includes a PictBridge port so users can directly connect a digital camera or photo viewer to the printer and print without the need for a computer.