This is the Elinchrom BX-Ri 500/500 To Go Set - 2 Monolight Kit.
Building on the foundation of the RX the BX-Ri series is robotically manufactured, making possible extreme precision, light weight and the addition of computer chips for software implementation. Decoding the Ri designation, the R indicates remote operation capability, while the "i" stands for Eye-cell.
A Skyport EL receiver is now built-in, meaning not only remote, wireless triggering regardless of obstructions, at distances up to 394 feet, but also powering up and down or on and off with complete control of the modeling light. Eye-Cell is particularly handy when using the BX-Ri with the on-board optical slave to sync cameras with pre-flash or red-eye function. The photographer simply programs the number of pre-flashes specific to the camera or lets the BX-Ri do it automatically.
Flash duration is an extremely fast 1/1558 sec., capable of freezing action without blur. Of course, that would be academic if your strobe didn't recycle fast enough to keep up with the energy on the shoot. Elinchrom has that covered with recycling times of 1.45 sec. (115V) at maximum power.
Purchasing a BXRi monohead gives you the key to one of the most extensive arrays of reflectors and light-shaping tools available, including the legendary Octa bank. Additionally, virtually every independent manufacturer of light modifiers makes Elinchrom compatible products.
Using your gear abroad can sometimes be problematic but the BXRi is a world-citizen, accommodating power requirements from 90-260V via auto-detection circuitry. Now you can avoid the hassles and uncertainty of overseas rental, while bringing Elinchrom quality along wherever the job is.This Kit includes 2- BX 500 Ri 500Ws monolights, a Skyport Universal Radio Transmitter, 2- 25.5" square softboxes, 2-stands and 2- 16' sync cords. A light stand bag and a monolight bag are also included.
Note: Heads come with 120V AC modeling lamp. When using with another voltage modeling lamps must be swapped for lamps matching that voltage.
- Built-in Skyport Triggering
- Built-in El Skyport radio receiver enables non-line-of-sight flash triggering at distances up to 394 feet (120 meters) and complete control of the unit including powering up or down and modeling light
- Visual Flash Confirmation Setting
- Modeling lights dim and turn off when triggered and turn on again when recycled.
- Ready Beep Sound Length
- The length of the recycle/ready beep can be changed from 70 to 490 m/seconds.
- When using BX-Ri's in optical slave mode with cameras or pocket flashes with a pre-flash, user can program the number of pre-flashes or have the head automatically program on its own.
- Power & Modeling Lamp Steps
- Power and Modeling Lamp can be adjusted in 1/10 step increments. Modeling lamp can be reduced and increased to match units with lower power.
- Accessory Compatibility
- Fully compatible with Elinchrom's extensive line of reflectors and lightbanks.
- Structural Integrity
- Rubberized grip handle with high-impact, robust body shell and temperature-controlled fan.