Designed with the adventurer in mind, the Canon PowerShot D10 is built for wherever your journey takes you. Waterproof, freezeproof, and shockproof, the D10 is tough enough to handle everything from an arctic trek to a three-year-olds birthday party. An advanced 12.1 megapixel DIGIC 4 image processor, 3x optical zoom, and high ISO capabilities bring the best of the PowerShot line to Canon's newest, most durable class of camera. The newly developed Smart AUTO Mode makes perfect pictures as easy as point and shoot. Utilizing a set of predefined shooting situations, the D10 intelligently analyzes your composition to select the best exposure, color, and contrast--even under harsh lighting conditions. From tropical rainforests to the face of a glacier, now there's a camera as adventurous as you are. Go further, work harder, and record it all with the Canon PowerShot D10!
- Waterproof and Shockproof
- Waterproof to 33 feet, temperature resistant from 14-104°F and shockproof up to 4 feet, the PowerShot D10 is designed to work as hard as you play. Take it underwater. Throw it in the bag with your heavy textbooks. Whether you're an underwater adventurer or a student with a crammed backpack, the D10 is tough enough to handle your lifestyle.
- Smart AUTO Exposure
- Concentrate on your subjects--let the camera handle the pictures. Canon's Smart Auto mode analyzes your shooting conditions with 18 pre-defined scene settings. From a wide, floral landscape to a night on the town with friends, the D10 intelligently captures your memories--maximizing quality while minimizing effort.
- 2.5" PureColor LCD II
- The 2.5" LCD screen of the PowerShot D10 has 230,000 pixels of resolution, and features smooth color transitions, and scratch-resistant, anti-reflective coatings to make composing and viewing effortless, even under bright sunlight.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Canon's optical image stabilizer counteracts camera shake caused by hand shake. Vibration sensors detect the angle and speed of hand movement and send this information to the processor, allowing the camera to compensate. This adds stability to hand-held, telephoto and moving shots and enables shooting at shutter speeds of up to three stops slower with no noticeable increase in image blur.
- Advanced Face Detection Technology
Canon's advanced Face Detection Technology keeps every face in focus. Intelligent Contrast Correction, Red-eye Correction, and the latest focus-tracking technology deliver consistent sharpness and natural skin tones.
The Face Detection Self Timer allows the photographer to get into the picture by automatically detecting an increase in the number of faces and automatically making the appropriate exposure adjustments. Place the camera on a stand or tripod, initialize the Face Detection Self-timer and the camera will wait for the photographer's face to enter the frame before taking the perfect shot.
- High ISO Capability
- The PowerShot D10 features ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto (ISO 3200) settings that reduce the effects of camera shake giving you greater flexibility under low-light conditions.