The Plustek OpticFilm 7400 Scanner is a dedicated 3600 dpi film and mounted slide scanner delivering better quality images, higher efficiency and power saving than the earlier 7300 model. With an improved white LED light source, the OpticFilm 7400 scans at 48-bit color for accurate and vibrant color images.
To minimize noise, the multi-sampling function makes 4 scan passes that are averaged together so image noise is cancelled out. It has a multi-exposure function that is utilized with negative film to provide improved shadow and highlight detail and delivers images with richness and depth that makes your pictures look as if they are three dimensional.
The 7400 comes with the very powerful SilverFastSE Plus (Multi-Exposure) software with scanning tools, editing, and color reproduction functions. This software is bundled with NewSoft Presto! Page Manager 7.1 for OCR, PDF creation, or format conversion to Word or Excel. It also comes with NewSoft Presto! ImageFolio 4.5, a comprehensive multimedia image-processing program for image fine-tuning.
OpticFilm 7400's performance and powerful software package make it a great solution for photographers at all experience levels.
- By pushing the Quickscan button, the device launches the scan without manipulation to the image, such as dust and scratch removal. This is the faster of the two scanning methods. When you push the IntelliScan button, the included SilverFast software is launched so you can make the optimal adjustments to the image. In this mode scanning takes more time, but once you master the software it becomes worth the wait.
- It provides enhanced versatility with the Multi-Exposure function on negative film.
- It features a USB 2.0 connection, up to four times faster than standard USB 1.1 transfer speed.
Two film holders are provided. One is for holding up to four mounted slides. The other is for holding a filmstrip, up to six frames.
The holders are designed to keep your originals well protected. There is no physical contact with the originals during the scanning process.
- The included padded carrying bag is specially designed for the film scanner. Its main compartment accommodates the scanner, film holders, power adapter and USB cord. The case comes with an easy-to-grip handle for hand carry, and features a pocket with a touch fastener to house film holders.
- LaserSoft SilverFast 6.6 SEPlus ME
SilverFast is world class professional scan software, with the stand-alone SilverFast Launcher and TWAIN Plug-in applications. It provides you with a powerful tool for scanning, editing, and color reproduction.
With SilverFast SEPlus ME comes more powerful functions featuring Multi-Exposure, SilverFast Basic, AACO, iSRD, SRD, Auto-Adjust, USM, SCC, NegaFix, and many other advance features.
- NewSoft Presto! ImageFolio 4.5
ImageFolio is a comprehensive multimedia image-processing program. You can create new images by using the ImageFolio's powerful tools. This sophisticated set of image-editing tools enables you to quickly create new images or enhance pre-existing ones.
This software provides the following capabilities:
- Complete image-tuning functions.
- Easy to manage and preview image files.
- Monitor Gamma adjustment.
- TWAIN interface support for automatic fine-tuning during scanning.
- Supports TIF, PCX, BMP, TGA, JPG, PCD, WMF, and PNG file formats (PC).
The Image Manager functions as an image database and uses folders to manage and preview files.
- NewSoft Presto! PageManager 7.10
PageManager is powerful document management software for OCR, PDF creation, or format conversion to Microsoft Word or Excel. TWAIN-Express makes it easy to connect with your scanner.
PageManager includes the following features:
- Built-in award-winning OCR.
- Support for over 100 popular applications.
- Unlimited nested folders to easily organize files.
- Full-text searches with adjustable fuzzy logic and index searches.
- Easy image editing QuickFix tools with real-time preview.
- New annotation tools include sticky notes and rubber stamps.
- Allows sharing of photos via e-mail easily with Presto! Wrapper.
- Allows sharing of photos via the Internet by connecting to PhotoNet.
- It is compatible with any TWAIN scanner.