Sigma's much-anticipated SD1 Digital SLR Camera is unlike any DSLR seen to date. The most outstanding feature of the SD1 is its APS-C sized X3 CMOS sensor, which uses three layers of 4800 x 3200 pixels to produce what Sigma calls the "world's first 46MP full color image sensor".
Using the True II image processing software, the SD1 delivers high-resolution images processed quickly with high definition and a smooth and subtle graduation of color. RAW file sizes range up to 45MP. These impressive features are housed in a lightweight weather-resistant solid magnesium alloy body built to take the bumps and shocks of the real world. A pentaprism viewfinder and a high-resolution (460,000 dots) LCD monitor give you options for composing, focusing and reviewing your images.
A panoply of features include shutter speeds up to 1/8000s, seven different color modes, continuous shooting at up to 6 fps, a built-in pop-up flash, and sensitivity up to 6400 ISO. The SD1 has a 1.5x crop factor (compared to 35 mm or full-frame cameras). Sigma SA mount lenses are compatible with the SD1.
- 46 Megapixel 24 x 16mm APS-C X3 Full-Color Image Sensor
- The 46 megapixel (4800 x 3200 x 3 layers) 24 x 16mm APS-C X3 direct image sensor featured in the Sigma SD1 captures all primary RGB colors at each and every pixel location, ensuring the capture of full and complete color. Using three silicon-embedded layers of photo detectors, stacked vertically to take advantage of silicon's ability to absorb red, green and blue light at different respective depths, it efficiently reproduces color more accurately, and offers sharper resolution, pixel for pixel, than any conventional image sensor. Since color moiré is not generated, the use of a low-pass filter is not required, meaning light and color, generated by the 46 megapixel sensor is captured with a three-dimensional feel.
- Dual TRUE II Image Processing Engine
- The SD1 incorporates a dual "TRUE (Three-layer Responsive Ultimate Engine) II" image processing engine which improves the processing speed and overall quality of the final image. The unique image-processing algorithm provides high-resolution power and reproduces high definition images with richly graduated tones.
- CF Card
The SD1 accepts the TYPE I CF card. This camera is compatible with the UDMA, enabling fast processing of large amounts of data.
* It is not possible to use Microdrives and TYPE II CF cards.
- 11-Point Twin Cross Sensor
- The autofocus system features an 11-point twin cross sensor. The shifted twin cross type sensor improves AF accuracy.
- Magnesium Body
- The Sigma SD1 adopts a lightweight yet solid magnesium alloy body designed to withstand rough use and shocks in harsh conditions.
- Weather-Resistant Design
- Buttons and connections benefit from O-ring sealing connections to prevent dust and water getting inside the camera body.
- Large, Highly Visible 3.0" TFT Color LCD Monitor
- The SD1 camera features a 3.0" TFT color monitor. This 460,000 pixel resolution LCD monitor benefits from a wide viewing angle, making it easy to check focusing and composition.
- Optional Lenses
- The SD1 can be used with over 40 Sigma lenses such as ultra-wide, ultra-telephoto, macro and fisheyes which adopt the latest technology such as the FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have the performance equal to fluorite glass, SLD glass, Aspherical lenses, Sigma's own unique Optical Stabilizer function, Hyper Sonic Motor and Sigma's Super Multi Layer Coating. They meet the various and demanding requirements of all types of photographers.