The N12000 NAS Storage Server from Thecus is an advanced network storage server, perfectly suited for use in enterprise environments. The 12-bay enclosure -- capable of housing SAS or 6Gbps SATA drives -- features a 2U rackmount form factor. It is powered by a quad-core Intel Xeon X3470 CPU running at an impressive 2.93GHz.
The server boasts a 64-bit operating system, ensuring efficient operation. Its High Availability design ensures that your data is safe and accessible at all times. The enclosure features a RAID controller that allows you to configure disks as a RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, or JBOD.
It connects to your network via Gigabit Ethernet -- three ports with link aggregation support are available for network connection. The server features USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and eSATA ports for external device connectivity. PCI Express slots are available for expansion card installation. Power is provided by a redundant 700W system.
- Intel Xeon for Blazing Speed
- Harnessing the power of Intel's Xeon X3470 processor and an overwhelming 4GB of cutting-edge DDR3 RAM, the N12000 can handle anything and everything at full speed. There are no bottlenecks or speed bumps.
- Enterprise Size for Enterprise Tasks
- With a whopping 36 terabytes of data capacity, you'll never go wanting again. No matter whether you are providing a public server for a massive workforce or compiling a company's worth of HD video, your NAS will always be hungry for more.
- SATA III and SAS 6G for Ultra-Fast Transfer Speeds
- The N12000 features support for internal hard drives with SATA III and SAS 6G. This top-of-the-line connection transfers at speeds up to an amazing 6Gbps. It is also backwards-compatible with SATA II, so your old disks can be swapped in and out without a hitch.
- High Availability (HA)
- For the first time, your data is completely free of delays in access. Regardless of the situation, HA actively keeps your data on two separate, identical NAS. If one needs maintenance, the other will dutifully rise to the occasion without as much as a blip in service. Whether rain, shine, or Ragnarök, your data will always be there.
- Rock-Solid Security
- The N12000 safeguards your data with all the RAID modes you could possibly need for an Enterprise server, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, and JBOD. Changing damaged hard disks is also a breeze with its built-in hot-swap, hot-spare, online RAID migration and expansion, as well as auto-rebuild capabilities. And if you need even more protection, there is also AES 256-bit RAID volume encryption available.
- Block Level Accessibility via iSCSI
- Take the speed of iSCSI up a notch with block level access transfers. While most transfer protocols send huge files all in one piece, this function breaks down files in smaller chunks, increasing transfer speeds immensely.