The Western Digital 1TB Scorpio Blue SATA 2.5" Hard Drive features huge storage, quiet operation, and low power consumption. With a 1TB storage capacity, SATA interface and transfer speeds up to 3 Gb/s, it's ideal for demanding mobile applications that require high performance.
The Scorpio Blue utilizes Advanced Format Technology so that it can handle data efficiently while still maintaining the large 1TB storage capacity. This drive also benefits from ShockGuard technology that protects the drive mechanics from shocks. It uses SecurePark, which prevents the recording heads from resting on the disk during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This results in a more reliable drive due to the limited head wear. The Scorpio Blue is also tested rigorously to ensure compatibility with most systems.
- SATA Interface
- Ultra-fast 3 Gb/s SATA interface speed yields performance fit for demanding mobile applications
- Huge Storage
- With a 1TB storage capacity for a 2.5" form factor drive, the WD Scorpio Blue offers excellent capacity for space-hungry operating systems with plenty of room left over for photos, music, and video
- Low Power Consumption
- Innovative algorithms optimize the way the drive seeks for data, which significantly improves power consumption
- Intelligent Protection
- WD's ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks. WD's SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance
- Advanced Format Technology
- Technology adopted by Western Digital that increases the drive's ability to handle media formats efficiently so that the drive seamlessly works with a larger capacity
- WD's exclusive WhisperDrive technology yields ultra-quiet acoustics during operation and keeps the drive cool, both of which make for more enjoyable mobile computing