The 12TB G-SPEED Q External Hard Drive Array from G-Technology is a high-performance, quad interface, desktop RAID that is compatible with Mac and Windows computer systems. The array features four enterprise-class 3.5" hard drives, each with a storage capacity of 3TB and a disk speed of 7200rpm. The array can connect to your computer via eSATA, FireWire-800, FireWire-400, or USB 2.0, and can be configured as a RAID 0 or RAID 5.
Cooling is provided by a smart fan, which varies speed based on the array's temperature. Each of the four enterprise-class hard drives is hot-swappable for easy maintenance, and the included software for Mac and Windows lets you configure the RAID level. When configured as a RAID 5, the array supports automatic rebuild.
- High-speed, low-cost RAID featuring an internal RAID controller with quad interface
- Whisper quiet aluminum enclosure features (4) hot-swappable drives
- Supports multi-stream SD and compressed HD workflows
- Internal RAID controller supports RAID 0 and RAID 5
- Four hot-swappable Hitachi Enterprise-class 7200rpm, 3.5" 3Gbps SATA drives each with up to 32MB cache
- Offers 12TB of storage capacity
- RAID level selection software for Mac and PC
- Auto-rebuild in RAID 5 mode
- Quiet "smart" cooling fan ensures reliable operation and data integrity
- Unique industrial design, compact all aluminum enclosure
- Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows