The Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt Adapter from Sonnet is an excellent way to expand your interface options on your Thunderbolt-enabled Mac computer. This external adapter connects to a Thunderbolt port and features an ExpressCard/34 card slot with the PCI Express 2.0 x1 bus interface. You can add Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire, USB 3.0, CompactFlash, and SDXC flash card connectivity to your computer. All you need is the relevant ExpressCard/34 to fit into the adapter. In addition, the adapter also supports specialty adapters like the latest revision PCIe Bus Extender for Sonnet's Qio Professional Media Readers, and the interface adapter for the AJA io Express. Plus, you can hot-swap cards.
This adapter supports high-performance SxS memory cards that are used in Sony's XDCAM EX line of professional HD camcorders and the ARRI ALEXA line of digital cameras. With the added capability to read SxS, SxS Pro and SxS-1 cards, this adapter enables Mac computers to read SxS cards at over 100MB/s via Thunderbolt.
To setup the adapter, simply connect it to the end of your Thunderbolt device chain and to your computer via a separately sold Thunderbolt cable. Because the adapter is plug-and-play and does not require an AC adapter for power, you can immediately begin using it. The only software you might need to install would be for your ExpressCard/34.
This adapter is compatible only with select Sonnet ExpressCard/34; however, other manufacturer's ExpressCard/34 products are expected to become compatible as their drivers are updated to be Thunderbolt technology-aware.
Sony's Thunderbolt technology-compatible SxS driver for Mac OS X may be downloaded from this Sonnet support link.
- Expands Your Computer's Connectivity and Capabilities
- Enables you to use ExpressCard/34 adapters with Thunderbolt technology-equipped computers
- Fast Interface
- High-performance 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology and 5Gbps ExpressCard/34 2.0 interface
- Supports Common ExpressCard/34 Adapters
- Supports Sonnet CompactFlash and SDXC readers; FireWire, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and select eSATA adapters
- Supports Specialty ExpressCard/34 Adapters
- Supports ExpressCard adapters for specialty devices such as Sonnet's Qio and the AJA io Express