The Sony HDR-CX220 HD Handycam Camcorder features an 8.9MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and a 27x Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar zoom lens. The CX220 is capable of capturing Full HD 1080/60p video and 8.9MP still images. SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode delivers smooth video, and 3-Way-Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother results.
Users can monitor and playback footage via a 2.7" Clear Photo LCD display with 230K dot resolution. Recording formats include high quality AVCHD or web optimized MP4. Intelligent Auto mode analyzes your shot and automatically selects the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes, with 60 different possible combinations. Finally, a built-in USB cable provides a connection to your computer for charging or file transfer and fits conveniently into the hand strap, so it's out of the way until you need it.
- 1080/60p and 8.9MP Still Images
- Create high definition 1920 x 1080 60p videos and high quality 8.9MP still images. Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for compact cameras and camcorders. The sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, which maximizes the light gathering area per pixel and achieves better results in low light conditions.
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
- The lens has a 35mm equivalent of 29.8mm at the wide end of the focal range, and the 27x optical zoom is supported by a 32x Extended Zoom.
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for camera shake to deliver smooth video, and innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
- 2.7" Clear Photo LCD Display
- The 2.7" (16:9) Clear Photo LCD features 230K dot resolution for sharp, bright, vivid images, enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.
- AVCHD or MP4 Recording Formats
- Users can choose between the AVCHD or MP4 format. AVCHD provides premium video that can be enjoyed on large screen HDTVs and is ideal for capturing precious memories at special occasions, family vacations and other moments you want to treasure for a lifetime. MP4 is great for those moments that you want to quickly share on your social networks or store on the cloud.
- Intelligent Auto Mode
- Intelligent Auto mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically selecting the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes and wind noise reduction. There are 60 different combinations possible: Portrait, Baby, Tripod, Backlight, Landscape, Spotlight, Twilight, Macro, Low light.
- Built-in USB 2.0 Cable
- The built-in high-speed USB 2.0 cable provides an easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer, without the need for a separate cable. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap so it's out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster than ever now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time you get one minute of recording time.
- Direct Copy and Highlight Playback
- Store your memories in a whole new way with the ability to copy videos from your camcorder directly to an external hard disk drive (sold separately), all without a computer. Your camcorder can also access videos stored on the external hard drive for playback on your HDTV, allowing you to utilize the camcorder's handy playback features. Highlight Playback identifies and compiles key scenes into a short, entertaining movie complete with music and transitions. You can even pinpoint the exact scene you want to include in the highlight reel.