The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H200 Digital Camera is a point-and-shoot camera featuring a 20.1MP 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor for producing high resolution still imagery and HD 720p video. This sensor is benefitted by the inclusion of a long-reaching 26x optical zoom lens, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 22.3-580mm. For shooting in low-lit conditions and when working at greater zoom magnifications, Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is available to counter the effects of camera shake.
For monitoring and playback of images, and for navigating the menu system, a 3.0" 460k-dot Clear Photo LCD is available and offers five brightness steps to aid in viewing in bright conditions. There are also a host of camera effects to further refine the appearance of your imagery including Picture Effects, Beauty Effects, Face Detection and Smile Shutter, 360° Sweep Panorama, and iAuto mode. Additionally, the HS200 is powered by four AA batteries, giving greater convenience to powering on-the-go due to their wide availability.
- 26x Optical Zoom Lens and Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
A built-in 26x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 22.3-580mm, giving wide-angle to super-telephoto perspectives to suit most shooting situations. Six aspherical lenses are integrated into the lens' construction, helping to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range.
Significantly benefitting this lens' long-range abilities is built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which helps to lessen the appearance of camera shake. 2-Way Active Mode functions by correcting for both vertical and horizontal motion, making it suitable for producing sharp imagery while moving.
- 20.1MP Super HAD CCD Sensor and HD Video
- The H200 integrates a 20.1 megapixel 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor to produce high resolution imagery that is well-benefitted by the 26x optical zoom lens and Optical SteadyShot image stabilization. The combination of these technologies renders sharp, detailed imagery suitable for both printing and sharing online. The sensor also enables HD video recording up to 1280 x 720p format at 30fps.
- 3.0" LCD Monitor and Functional Design
- The design of the H200 mimics that of a DSLR, providing an easy to hold body for increased stability when working with longer focal lengths. A 3.0" 460k-dot Clear Photo LCD monitor is available for image monitoring and review and features five brightness settings for greater usability in sunlit conditions. Additionally, this camera is powered by just four AA batteries for greater convenience when shooting for long durations or away from home.
- Other Camera Features
- Picture Effects help to add increased mood to imagery by altering their appearance to suit your creative direction. Effects include Toy Camera, Pop Color, and Partial Color effect amongst others.
- Beauty Effect gives you the ability to enhance subjects' skin tones, smooth the appearance of their skin, remove blemishes and shine, whiten teeth, and more.
- iAuto mode intelligently analyzes the scene in which you are photographing in and will optimize camera settings to best render the situation accurately.
- Face detection and Smile Shutter work to improve portraits by emphasizing focus and exposure on the subjects' face and automatically releasing the shutter when a smile is detected.
- 360° Sweep Panorama allows you to create wide panoramic images in-camera by simply sweeping your camera about the scene.