Canon's FS-11 Dual Flash Memory Camcorder is the top-of-the-line offering in their standard definition flash memory family. This lightweight camera fits right in the palm of your hand and is perfect for traveling or capturing video on-the-fly in the midst of your daily routine. Record to the internal 16GB flash memory for up to 10 hours and 25 minutes. Utilizing the removable SD/SDHC cards (sold separately) keeps things simple by allowing you to upload your footage to your PC for emailing, printing and sharing on sites like YouTube in no time at all.
This camera also features Canon's exclusive 48x Advanced Zoom which extends the normal 37x optical zoom for an even wider range with virtually no loss of image quality. The DIGIC DVII image processor improves color reproduction in skin tones and dark or bright situations for images that pop. Electronic image stabilization, a 1/6" CCD image sensor and a 2.7" Hi-Res widescreen LCD screen round out the great features of the FS-11.
- Flash Memory Recording
- Record directly to the 16GB internal flash memory for up to 10 hours and 25 minutes in LP mode. There's no need to bring bulky tapes or easily scratched DVDs when you film with an internal memory. You can also record to SD/SDHC flash cards with the FS-11 for quick and easy uploading to your PC for emailing, printing or sharing on sites like YouTube. And because the camera only uses flash memory there are no moving parts, which means faster start up for capturing and replaying your footage in-camera.
- DIGIC DVII Image Processor
- DIGIC DVII, unlike its predecessor DIGIC DV, is specially designed for HD image capture. Your video and still images will look great thanks to improved color reproduction for skin tones and light and dark situations. This processor also reduces image noise with two types of noise reduction for clean, crisp video and stills. There's more, the DIGIC DVII also provides for faster shooting of still images - up to 5 (3.1Mp) images per second.
- 48x Advanced Zoom
- Canon's 48x Advanced Zoom extends the power of the 37x optical zoom for the longest Zoom available from the company. What's even better is that there is no loss of image quality, leaving you with clear, accurate video and stills in every shot.
- 2.7" Hi-Res Widescreen LCD Display
- The 2.7" Hi-Res widescreen LCD display lets you compose your shots in the same aspect that your widescreen TV will play your footage back in. This LCD takes the guess work out of recording.
- Microphone Input
- Virtually extinct in the consumer camcorder market the microphone input makes a comeback in the FS-11 for recording audio with an external mic for superb clarity.
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) keeps your video steady and safe from the age-old problem of hand shake.
- 1/6" CCD Image Sensor
- The 1/6" CCD image sensor captures beautiful video and stills with stunning clarity.