The Xserve Server from Apple is an enterprise-quality network server with the Mac OS X Server operating system for unlimited users. The server features a 8-Core architecture powered by 2 Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5500 processors.
Housed in a 1U rackmount form factor, the server features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2 PCI Express expansion slots, 2 FireWire-800 ports, 3 USB 2.0 ports,, and 1 DB-9 serial port. It features an nVIDIA GeForce GT 120 graphics card with a Mini DisplayPort connector, and a SuperDrive DVD burner. The system includes an 160GB SATA hard drive; 2 drive bays are available to add additional storage via SATA or SAS Apple Drive Modules.
- Powered by 2 Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors
- Advanced "Nehalem" Xeon processor features a single-die architecture, Hyper-Threading support, QuickPath Interconnect, and an integrated memory controller
- Ships with 3GB of high-performance memory installed, with a maximum capacity of 24GB
- Two PCI Express slots are available for device expansion
- Front-panel USB 2.0 port allows for quick device connection
- 160GB SATA system hard drive with 2 bays available for storage expansionvia SAS or SATA drive modules
- Advanced management tools for system administrators
- Advanced active cooling system ensures the system maintains an optimal operating temperature
- UNIX-based Mac OS X server operating system features an unlimited-client license
- Installs in a standard equipment rack, occupying 1U of space