The black 3N1-35 PL Sling Backpack from Kata is slightly larger than their 3N1-25 PL version. It gives you a backpack that can be used in two functional positions. Rated to hold a pro DSLR with battery pack or grip and long-range zoom attached as well as 5-6 additional lenses, flash and accessories, it can also be conformed to hold a camcorder with accessories. In addition, it will also hold a 15.4" (39.1 cm) laptop.
The pack is made from tough waterproof RipStop nylon that will get you through the worst weather. To support that feature, you also get a rain fly that can be deployed for additional protection when the weather turns bad. So, if you're an outdoor shooter, this pack offers you a host of features that make it an appealing choice. As a traditional backpack, it sits comfortably on your shoulders supported by an "X" style strap system. If you choose to use it as a sling-style bag, just swing it to the front using only one strap and you're ready to grab your gear and shoot.
The inside is filled with padded, movable dividers that can be configured to suit your shooting needs. The bottom of the bag is for your gear while the top half is for personals. Two external pockets are for quick access items that negate having to open the entire bag to find a small accessory. The whole thing is made from Kata's Aeriform foam that is light yet strong and guards your gear from damage in case of incidental contact. There's a spine guard system that provides even more comfort while hiking or walking.
The bag accepts Kata's optional Modi-Vers system that will permit you to create even more dividers. These dividers are bright yellow and will allow you to see in the bag much easier. Since Kata knows you'll be spending much time outside, there is even a tripod holding system on the back. As a final touch, the pack is Insertrolley compatible which allows you to toss it over your rolling cart when navigating through parking lots or hallways.
- Elements Cover
- The provided elements cover will protect your valuable equipment during extreme weather conditions. Simply install over the bag on the black side for rain protection, the silver side for heat deflection, or use as a dust cover. The silver side can additionally be used as a reflector if needed
- Laptop Compartment
- This bag features a padded laptop compartment which will allow you to always have your computer at hand and easily accessible
- Tripod Holder
- The Kata tripod holder allows you to always have your tripod with you. Simply attach to the designated clips on the bag and put two legs of the tripod in the sling to comfortably carry your tripod along with you wherever your shot may be
- Insertrolley Compatible
- This bag is compatible with the optional Kata Insertrolley which is a simple yet ingenious system that allows you to either use the trolley separately or with several cases at once. Kata's patented extendable wheel system helps to better stabilize larger cases. Simply slide the trolley through the integrated sleeve on any of Kata's compatible cases for secure and easy mobility
- Modi-Vers Compatible
- This bag is customizable through the use of the optional Modi-Vers divider system. This allows you to protect your equipment while creating custom compartments to fit your unique equipment. You can cut custom dividers to fit whatever shape you need. The yellow color makes it easier to locate things inside the bag
- Aeriform Foam
- Lightweight - made from EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) and EVE (Polyethylene)
- Spine Guard
- Foam-encased spring steel spine for added support and protection
EOS 1D, 1DS, 1D Mark II, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1Ds Mark III, 5D, 5D Mark II, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 1000D, 300 Digital Rebel, XT, 20DA, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 1100D, Rebel T2i, T1i, Xsi, Xti, XS, T1i, T3i, T3
Exilim Pro EX-F1, P505
FinePix S5 Pro, Pro FinePix S1 Pro , Pro FinePix S2 Pro, Pro FinePix S3 Pro, FinePix IS Pro,
EasyShare Z950, Z980, Z981
Maxxum/Dynax 5D, Maxxum/Dynax 7D
V-LUX 1 S2
D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70S, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300S, D700, D1, D1H, D1X, D2H, D2HS, D2X, D2XS, D3, D3S, D3X, D3000, D3100, D5000, D5100, D7000, Coolpix P100, L110, P500, L100
E-1, E-3, E-5, E-10, E-30,E-100 Rapid Shot, E-330, E-400, E-410, E-420, E-450, E-500, E-510, E-520, E-600, E-620, EVOLT/E-300 w/14-45mm zoom, EVOLT E-410,EVOLT E-510, E-P1, E-P2,
Lumix DMC-G10, G1, G2, GH1, GH2, FZ8, FZ50, FZ100
X90, K2000, X70, K200, K200D, Optio WG-1, WG-1, GPS, K-x, K-7, K-r, K-5, *ist DL2, K10D, K100D, *ist DL, DS2, DS, KM, K100D SUPER, Optio RS1500, WG-1, WG-1GPS, RS1500
Pro 815, GX-1S, GX-10, GX-20, GX-1L,GX-1S, GX-20, PRO 815
SD1, SD9, SD10, SD14, SD15
SD1 Alpha, DSLR- A100, A200, A230, A290, A300, A330, A350, A380, A390, A450, A500, A560, A550, A580, A700, A850, A900, DSC-H9, H7, H50, SLT-A55, SLT-A33, Cybershot DSC-HX100V
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 41.7" (106.0 cm)