To fill the gap between the M40/25 and the ARRIMAX 18/12 ARRI has introduced the 9,000W M90 HMI Head. Osram has created a 9K lamp for this power class that is nearly the same size as the 6K version allowing use of either lamp in the MAX Technology reflector. The highly stable, 9K lamp can be used with the standard ballast or with the EB 6/9 kW High Speed Ballast for high speed filming at 1,000Hz with the ARRI EB 6/9 kW camera.
The M90 uses lens-less MAX technology to combine the characteristics of a Fresnel and PAR source. With a focus range of 16 - 49°, normally only achieved with supplementary lenses, the M90 performs like a traditional 12K with the compact form factor of a 6K head. Innovations include CCL, which compensates for power loss when using long cables and Cross Cooling which separates the electronics from the lamp housing, thus ensuring greater longevity of the head and lamp.
Structurally, the M90 employs a robust, tubular steel yoke and disc brakes to safely lock down the 87 lb head when tilting. There's no need to worry about moist locations; the M90 has an IP23 weather-resistant rating.
- Lens-less MAX Technology
- Closes the gap between M40/25 and ARRIMAX 18/12
- 9,000W power class
- 9,000W Osram lamp, the size of 6,000W lamp
- Superior light quality
- Light output matches a 12K PAR (with lens)
- As small and lightweight as a 6K PAR
- Focusable from 16° to 49°
- Can also be used with 6,000W lamps and ballasts
- Uses existing 6K cables
- Compensation of Cable Loss (CCL)- full power with very long cables
- Cross-cooling allows safe operation up to 90° tilt position
- Tilt locks on both sides hold any heavy accessories
- Easy maintenance
- Weather resistant to IP23
- Possibile to operate at 1,000Hz