The 15x56 SLC Binocular from Swarovski combines extra-low dispersion (HD) glass elements and range of proprietary optical coatings with a weather-resistant magnesium alloy housing to create a multi-purpose set of glasses that deliver impressive image quality and durability. This configuration of the SLC displays an immersive 62° apparent viewing angle; a long 16mm eye relief and multi-position twist-up eyecups enable a comfortable viewing distance for almost any observer.
Swarovski uses an Abbe-König prism design for the 56mm SLC model, which maintains a streamlined form-factor without sacrificing image quality. The prisms are phase-corrected to enhance sharpness and reduce chromatic aberration. And each of the fluoride-containing HD glass elements is finished with multiple layers of SWAROTOP anti-reflective lens coating. Resulting images transmitted by the SLC optical path are rich with detail and saturated with lifelike color.
In addition to its high-transmission optical system, Swarovski also equips the SLC binocular with a range of features that improve the handling experience of the observer. The geared focus system offers quick and precise focusing with the same focus wheel, permitting the observer to focus from infinity down to 13 ft in only two rotations. Covering the magnesium alloy housing are two distinct types of rubber armoring, each providing impact protection and tactile response where they are needed most.
Complementing the HD optics and improved ergonomics of the SLC series binoculars is a nitrogen-filled housing that is air-tight to a depth of 13 ft. Swarovski finishes the exposed lens surfaces with their SWARODUR scratch-resistant and anti-reflective coating, as well as SWAROCLEAN non-stick lens coating, which repels moisture and prevents residue from adhering to the exposed glass. Its premium optics and user-friendly performance make the SLC binocular a reliable optic for intermediate to long-range glassing tasks.
- Optical Performance
- Magnification: 15x
- Objective lenses: 56mm diameter
- HD Optical System: fluorite-containing glass enhances color fidelity and brightness
- SWAROBRIGHT highly reflective mirror prism coating optimizes color transmission
- SWAROTOP anti-reflective lens coating reduces glare and improves contrast
- Abbe-König prism design, P-Coating phase-correction preserves sharpness and clarity
- 62° wide apparent viewing angle
- 13 ft minimum focus distance
- 16mm eye relief
- Use and Handling
- Twist-up eyecups with three click-stop positions
- Mechanical focus system enables quick yet precise focusing
- Center wheel diopter adjustment
- 1/4"-20 threaded mount for tripod adapter
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen-filled for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Magnesium alloy housing with dark green rubberized finish
- Dual-texture rubber armoring enhances impact protection and ergonomics
- SWAROCLEAN non-stick coating, SWARODUR scratch-resistant lens surfaces
- Operating temperature: -13 to 131°F
- Waterproof depth: 13 ft
- Weight: 42 oz