The lightweight, handheld Free Spirit Camera Stabilizer from Digital Juice lets you shoot on-the-go without camera shake. This camera stabilizing system is designed to allow you to walk, run, climb stairs, or move over rough terrain without camera shake. Using this stabilizer you can get beautiful and stable moving shots with high production value. And, since this camera stabilizer weighs less than 3 lb, it is easy to it for extended periods of time. You can easily get smooth tilts and pans, even jib or crane-like booms, and fluid dolly-style maneuvers with the device because of its offset-gimbaled handle grip, horizontal yoke, telescoping center post, and an adjustable built-in quick-release camera plate.
The Free Spirit Camera Stabilizer unit collapses to 18.5” and extends to just over 30”. It can help you shoot continuous shots, which range freely in any direction you move, while still producing stable, dynamic images. You can use just about any professional camcorder, SLR, or DSLR camera weighing up to 8 lb with the Free Spirit Camera Stabilizer. Its bi-directional, adjustable base plate includes 3/8” and 1/4” adapters that allow for easy mounting of a wide variety of quick-release plates and cameras. A 3-axis gimbal allows your camera to remain stable and isolated from hand shakes and body movements, giving you smooth, steady camera motion over any terrain, whether it’s dirt, rocks, pavement, or grass. The quick-release locking system with micro adjustment knobs and the position-adjustable counterweight rings at the base of the stabilizer allow for easy fine-tuning and balancing when your camera is onboard.
- The 3-axis offset gimbaled handle-grip, enclosed bearing assembly, and horizontal yoke of this stabilizer allow your hand to move freely in every dimension, independently from the stable camera and telescoping center post. This eliminates the shake and instability inherent in handheld camera shots, while allowing the freedom of constant smooth motion on 3 axes. By isolating hand and arm motions from your camera, it keeps the camera in a stable, floating, motionless state while you are free to move wherever the shot takes you.
- The counterweight plate at the bottom of the unit helps you fine-tune your camera's dynamic balance and inertia using the provided position-adjustable stacks of counterweight rings.
- The soft rubber, textured handle grip makes the stabilizer comfortable, and easy to hold and operate.
- The telescoping central post allows you to adjust the height of the stabilizer for shooting at a higher angle. The unit collapses to 18.5" and extends to just over 30".
- The adjustable, built-in quick-release camera-mounting platform includes 3/8" and 1/4"-20 adapters and allows you to quickly and easily attach, remove, or swap in just about any compact professional camcorder or DSLR camera weighing less than 8 lb. This bidirectional base plate has a fine-tuning system that can be adjusted freely in any direction. The marks on the edge of the plate can help you record the position of the plate for dynamic balance with different setups. Pulling the adjusting knob on the side of the plate separates the quick-release plate from the base.
- Precision enclosed bearings and lightweight all-aluminum precision CNC construction ensure you have a quality product that will give you years of use. The included durable nylon carry bag keeps the stabilizer clean and protected for storage and during travel.
- The precision 3-axis Gimbal on the Free Spirit Camera Stabilizer allows your camera to remain stable and isolated from hand shakes and body movements, giving you smooth, steady camera motion over any terrain, whether it's dirt, rocks, stairs, pavement, or grass. No matter how active your subject is, you can make sure you capture that movement without the added distraction of vibration and hand shake from your hand and body.