The Lumens VC-G50 High Definition PTZ Video Camera is a versatile, Full HD robotic camera designed primarily for video conferencing, but adaptable to a variety of applications. It features a single 1/2.8" 2 MP CMOS sensor and can output resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 at 60 fps. In addition to video conferencing, the Lumens VC-G50 will be right at home in educational settings, capturing services at houses of worship, or providing video coverage for corporate meetings and events.
Full control of pan, tilt, and zoom operation as well as camera settings is possible either using the supplied IR remote, or connecting a third party controller via RS-232 or RS-422. RS-232/RS-422 has the advantage of letting you use more precise desktop joystick controllers that can be operated remotely, even in a separate control room. Unlike IR, which is by its nature line-of-sight, distance is only limited by the type of cabling used. If control from a computer is required, you can have a developer create a custom software application using the protocol specifications provided in the camera documentation.
Whereas many competing cameras limit you to one or two output choices, or require additional expansion boards sold separately, the VC-G50 gives you virtually every connector and output type you are likely to encounter in an AV installation. Supported signals include broadcast-standard 3G-SDI, DVI, component, as well as composite. The DVI port will also support an HDMI video signal via a simple adapter.
- 340° Pan/120° Tilt
- The pan angle ranges from -170° to +170° allowing the VC-G50 to cover almost an entire room. And the tilt ranges from -30° down to +90° up when the camera is mounted right-side-up (inverse mounting is also possible with image flip).
- 20x Optical Zoom and Wide, 60° Angle of View
- Giving you the zoom range to capture the desired angle in most setups. And an additional 12x digital zoom is provided for even tighter shots, where 20x optical doesn't cut it.
- Multiple Signal Formats
- The VC-G50's signal system can switch between NTSC or PAL, SD, or HD and can output in 3G-SDI, DVI, Component, or Composite for compatibility with a variety of display devices.
- 100 Position Presets
- The camera can store up to 100 camera preset settings for pan, tilt, zoom, focus, exposure, and white balance allowing for quick transitions to the next shot.
- 3G-SDI Interface
- With 3G-SDI, Full HD video can be transmitted without boosting over the longest possible distances, depending on cable type, and will seamlessly integrate with most HD production switchers and many computer capture cards.
- RS-232/422 Protocol Remote Interface
- Control of pan, tilt and zoom (PTZ) functions and camera settings can be performed remotely using user supplied software or with an appropriately configured RS-232 or RS-422 serial remote. Using the RS-232 interface, the VC-G50 can also be daisy-chained to other cameras, thus simplifying wiring in some installations.
- Infrared Controller
- Pan, tilt, zoom, and camera settings can be operated directly using the supplied IR remote. Dipswitches on the back of the camera allow up to three cameras to be used in the same room. By first pressing the assigned number for a given camera, up to three cameras can be controlled from one remote.
- Image Flip and Mirroring
- Image flip and mirroring gives the installer maximum flexibility, including upside ceiling mounting.