The XP PhotoGear 36mm MagFilter Circular Polarizer Filter is a unique filter and attachment system for use on compact cameras without front filter threads. The MagFilter system employs one thin adhesive metal ring, which is attached to the front of the camera lens, and then incorporates strong magnets into the filter ring itself for a seamless, non-threaded connection. This magnetic connection allows for the filter to be installed and removed quickly while the camera itself retains its thin original profile, even with the adhesive adapter ring attached.
The circular polarizer filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A circular polarizer differs from a linear polarizer in that it supports full use of a camera's autofocus and auto exposure functions. It is constructed from multi-layer coated optical glass and set in an anodized black and red metal filter ring.
The included adhesive metal adapter rings have an outside diameter of 32mm and an internal diameter of 28mm, making it suitable for use with Canon PowerShot S95, S100, S110, and S120 digital cameras as well as other camera types featuring a similar lens size.
- Unique and efficient magnetic attachment system for use on compact cameras featuring lenses without filter threads.
- Reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Multi-layer coated optical glass for maintained image quality.
- Black and red-colored anodized metal ring provides durability and rigidity.