The MX-40PI Wired Indoor Passive Infrared & Microwave Combination Detector with Immunity from Optex combines the microwave and PIR technologies in attractive, easy-to-install units, and provides unprecedented reliability and detection performance.
The detector incorporates Anti-Crosstalk technology which prevents false alarms caused by microwave interference when several detectors are operating in the same area. It features Quad Zone Logic, which discriminates between human beings and other sources of infrared. This detector also features switchable on/off LED alarm indicator.
- Anti-Crosstalk System
- Optex utilizes microwave technology in designing the antenna settings for this detector. The result is a non-conventional Anti-Crosstalk System which prevents interference from other microwaves. Reducing interference enables the detector to prevent false alarms typically caused by numerous matching frequencies in one single area. Complete with a noise reduction circuit, the detector is able to cancel noise that enters the antennas, thus eliminating microwave interference. The high-quality, highly reliable detector is the solution for false alarms caused by outside microwave interference.
- Suitable Detection Area
- The MX-40Pl Detector creates an integrated detection area. This enables the microwave detection area to synchronize to the PIR detection area, achieving higher detection performance and preventing errors and false alarms.
- Spherical Lens Design
- With uniform distance between each lens segment and the pyroelectric elements, the spherical lens provides a precise focal length to each of the multiple lens segments. This enables each lens segment to precisely face its detection area and creates detection zones without distortion, achieving a new level in lens design precision. The lens has a spherical design that makes it highly resistant to damage and outside disturbances.
- Noise Reduction Function
- The Noise Reduction Circuit provides reliable performance against outside noise such as electromagnetic interference and noise caused from fluorescent lights. As a result, the possibility of false alarm is greatly reduced.
- Quad Zone Logic (Patent Listed)
- The highly accurate and reliable detection pattern will maintain its sensitivity through the entire detection area, even in high temperature or low contrast environments. Quad Zone Logic creates an extremely high vertical zone density. These taller zones capture the entire body mass and enable detection of even the smallest temperature contrast against the background. In addition, the vertical detection density has been improved to take into account dead zones created by furniture or partitions.
- Easy Microwave Range Selector
- The MX-40Pl detector allows for a simple 2-step adjustment. Setting the range selector to short or long range detection according to the room size makes adjustment during installation much easier and less time consuming.
- Easy Wiring Knockouts
- The PC board is removable for simple wiring. With the simple use of a screwdriver, a ﬁrm tap will easily remove the knockout.
- Compact, Stylish Design
- The compact and stylish body matches any interior design without disturbing the decor.
- Quick and Easy Installation
- Easy installation and wiring are engineered into this compact housing. The long or short distance selector switch makes microwave area adjustment easy.