The RX-40 Passive Infrared Wired Indoor Detector with Pet Immunity from Optex comes in a pack of 10 and each gives high false alarm protection with a high level of tolerance to spot temperature changes from curtains and small to medium size animals. Using the Quad Zone Logic technology, these detectors are able to accurately discriminate between humans and other sources of infrared energy, providing reliable detection in a diverse range of applications.
The attractive housing of each detector incorporates the spherical lens design, which is not only robust but also helps maximize the performance of Quad Zone Logic by providing an accurate focal length for each detection zone. Each RX-40 unit also includes the Optical Quad Technology, which uses taller detection zones divided into upper and lower areas. By detecting infrared energy changes in both areas and then coupling them, it provides highly accurate detection even in very hostile environments. These detectors are suitable for commercial and residential installations.
Quad Zone Logic provides multi-segmented detection zones over a detection area. An alarm signal is created by the cumulated total IR energy of each zone. It is designed so that a human size target will normally fill 4 to 8 zones, and this will cause an alarm to be generated. Any similar temperature change (i.e., small to medium size pets, rodents, or moving curtains) only activates 1 or 2 zones at the same time creating a much weaker detection signal.
Note! This unit is designed to detect movement of an intruder and activate an alarm control panel and can only be a part of a complete surveillance system. It conforms to the EMC Directive 89/336 EEC. Pet immunity is effective only when the unit is installed according to the installation instructions supplied with this unit.
- Quad Zone Logic Recognizes Humans and Ignores Most Small Animals
- Pet immunity applies to animals 0 to 16” in height (rodents, 0 to 4” high; cats and small to medium size dogs, 0 to 16” high at normal room temperature). The signals are further analyzed by the ECO Chip and signal processing circuit for accurate detection of humans and avoidance of most small animals.
- Spherical Lens: The Technology to Backup Quad Zone Logic
- It obtains an accurate focal length for each detection zone and maximizes the performance of Quad Zone Logic.
RFI Protection: No alarm at 20V/m from 100 MHz to 1 GHz.
Temperature Compensation Logic: ECO Chip includes the temperature compensation circuit. It controls sensitivity to improve stability against changes in environmental conditions.
- Trouble-Free and Easy Installation
Sealed Housing: Prevents drafts and insects from reaching the pyro element
Trouble-Free and Easy Knockouts: Simply push with a screwdriver (sold separately) to open a hole of a diameter that matches with that of the cables.