The red Nikon COOLPIX L28 Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot camera that features a 20.1 megapixel 1/2.3" CCD image sensor and EXPEED C2 image processor for producing high quality, well-detailed imagery. Aiding the image sensor and processor is a NIKKOR 5x optical zoom lens that spans from wide-angle to telephoto lengths (26-130mm 35mm equivalent) to suit almost any situation. Electronic Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to maintain image sharpness when working in low-light conditions or at the longer end of the zoom range. In addition to high resolution still images, you can also record HD 720p video, which can be easily accessed via the dedicated movie button. Image review, composition, and menu navigation are done via the 3.0" 230k-dot LCD monitor.
Where this camera truly shines is through its ease of use, combining 20 Scene Modes, Scene Auto Selector, and Easy Auto Mode to allow you to focus on photographing within the moment rather than worrying about different camera settings. Also contributing to the L28's accessibility, it accepts AA batteries as a highly convenient source of power.
- 20.1MP Image Sensor and HD 720p Video
- The 20.1 megapixel 1/2.3" CCD sensor is capable of recording high resolution imagery that is suitable for both online sharing as well as printing. Additionally, the sensor, in combination with the EXPEED C2 image processor, lends itself to producing HD 720p video at 30fps with notable clarity. Movie recording is accessible via a dedicated movie button and high fidelity sound is recorded along with the movie through the built-in microphone.
- NIKKOR 5x Optical Zoom Lens and VR Image Stabilization
- The integration of a genuine glass NIKKOR lens builds on the quality afforded by the imaging sensor. The 5x optical zoom provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 26-130mm, making this camera suitable for capturing almost any type of scene with ease. This lens is benefitted with the inclusion of electronic Vibration Reduction, which works to reduce the appearance of camera shake and blur that can become increasingly notable when shooting in low-light conditions or at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Scene Modes and Easy Auto Mode
- The L28 is specifically designed to allow you to focus on being in the moment and photographing rather than concentrating solely on how to photograph the moment. Easy Auto Mode will automatically control all camera settings for truly point-and-shoot functionality. More specialized in approach, Scene Auto Selector will automatically assign one of 20 different Scene Modes, including Beach, Snow, Night Portrait, Sunset, among others, to optimize certain camera settings best suit the type of scene you are photographing in. You can also select from these Scene Modes on your own, to give a more creative appearance to your imagery.
- Other Camera Features
- Highly convenient and readily available AA batteries are used to power the L28.
- Motion Detection analyzes the movement of your subject and will automatically select faster shutter speeds and higher ISO sensitivities to better render moving subjects.
- Smart Portrait System utilizes a series of automatic functions, including Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face Priority AF, Face Priority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning, Skin Softening, and D-Lighting, to produce well-exposed, clear, and detailed images of people.
- In-camera image editing functions: Crop, D-Lighting, Skin Softening, and Small Picture.
- Supported Languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.