The Pavilion x2 11-h010nr Multi-Touch 11.6" Ultrabook Computer from HP has a versatile 2-in-1 design where the screen can be detached from the keyboard dock. With this design, the Pavilion x2 combines the productivity and power of a notebook with the portability and touch support of a tablet.
The 11.6" widescreen display is a capacitive touchscreen with support for multi-touch gestures incorporated in Windows 8. The screen has in-plane switching (IPS) technology, a wide 178° viewing angle, LED backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics.
The system is powered by a quad-core 2.0GHz Intel Pentium N3510 processor. It also has 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3L RAM, a 64GB solid state drive, a microSD media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Beats Audio technology.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
HP Pavilion x2
- Quad-Core Intel Pentium Performance
- The HP Pavilion x2 houses an Intel Pentium N3510 processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.0GHz. With a dedicated 2MB L2 cache and 4GB of onboard 1333MHz DDR3L RAM, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 11.6" HD LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 11.6" capacitive touchscreen on the HP Pavilion x2 utilizes multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. The screen has in-plane switching (IPS) technology to provide a wide 178° viewing angle and uniform color. The display also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port located on the keyboard dock
- Beats Audio
- HP sound engineers collaborated with Dr. Dre, will.i.am and InterScope Records founder Jimmy Iovine to deliver a studio quality audio experience available on a notebook computer today. Exclusive to HP computers, this notebook has integrated speakers with built-in Beats Audio technology. Beats Audio improves sound quality by eliminating electronic background noise, going from mute to maximum volume without flattening out the sound, adding powerful amplifiers for full-bodied sound and a bass boost button for to pump up volume even more. Beats Audio lets you hear and feel the music just as the artist intended
- 2-in-1 Versatile Design
- The HP Pavilion x2 is more than just an Ultrabook, it can be used in two different ways to maximize its portability and performance. The traditional clamshell notebook layout allows you to use the HP Pavilion x2 as an Ultrabook. The keyboard dock has a USB 3.0 port, a USB 2.0 port and a HDMI port for added functionality. You can also remove the HP Pavilion x2 from the keyboard dock easily, thanks to a smart magnetic hinge design. As a tablet, the HP Pavilion x2 allows you to take full advantage of the 11.6" touchscreen and all the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8
- Wireless Connectivity
- The HP Pavilion x2 comes with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity so you can connect to any Wi-Fi network, provided you have the required password and authorization. There's also built-in Bluetooth technology so you can connect various compatible peripherals, such as a wireless keyboard and mouse. The integrated front-facing webcam and microphone lets you video chat with friends and family with ease
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking and also update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, you'll be able to bring all your personalized Start screens with you by signing into your Microsoft account. When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it