The Pavilion 14-q030nr 14" Chromebook from HP is designed for a Web-optimized experience. With a minimalist peach coral finish and a more user-friendly interface than traditional notebook computers, this HP Chromebook features a unique computing experience enhanced by the Internet.
While most Chromebooks have screens ranging between 10" to 12", this HP Chromebook has a larger 14" BrightView LED-backlit display. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, which is powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. Its resolution can support native 720p HD video playback without upscaling. There's also an HDMI port so you'll be able to output video to a larger external display, such as an HDTV.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.4GHz Intel Celeron 2955U processor. It also has 2GB of 1600MHz DDR3L RAM, a 16GB solid state drive, a multi-format Secure Digital media card reader, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
Google Chrome OS is a Linux-based operating system designed by Google to work exclusively with web applications. This HP Chromebook combines the aspects of a pure cloud client with the hardware of a traditional portable computer, which puts it in its very own class of netbook and notebook computers.
Please note that in order to take full advantage of Chrome OS, you will need to be connected to the Internet.
- Chrome OS
- Using Linux as a base, Google designed Chrome OS to work exclusively with web applications. The user interface takes a minimalist approach, which greatly resembles the Google Chrome web browser. Chrome OS was built for people who spend a majority, if not all, of their time on the computer connected to the Internet. The only application that comes installed on Chrome OS is a special Google Chrome web browser with an integrated media player and file manager. All other applications are accessed by adding apps from the Google Chrome Web Store. Since Chrome OS relies entirely on Google's web apps and access to Google's services, it is highly recommended that you connect to the Internet to optimize your Chrome OS experience
- Wireless Connectivity
- Internet access is very important to the functionality of Chrome OS. That's why the HP Chromebook offers 802.11a/b/g/n wireless connectivity so you'll have no trouble connecting to wireless networks
- 14" BrightView LED-Backlit Display
- The HP Chromebook boasts a 14" HD BrightView LED-backlit display. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. With native support for 720p HD video playback, the HDMI port allows you to output high-definition video to a larger external display, such as an HDTV
- Dual-Core Intel Celeron Performance
- The HP Chromebook houses an Intel Celeron 2955U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.4 GHz. With a dedicated 2MB L3 cache and 2GB of 1600MHz DDR3L RAM, the HP Chromebook provides reliable performance
- Compact Design
- Just because this HP Chromebook has a larger screen than other Chromebooks doesn't mean it can't be just as portable. Measuring 0.81" thin and weighing just over 4 pounds, this HP Chromebook features a HP satin sparkle imprint finish in a peach coral color for a compact and stylish design
- Automatic Updates
- The HP Chromebook is fast to use and doesn't slow down over time. It comes with built-in virus protection so you don't need to buy or install antivirus software. They come with apps for all your everyday needs and keep your files safely backed up in the cloud
- Fast Boot Up and Resume Times
- The HP Chromebook boots up quickly as well as resumes instantly from where you left off, thanks to its 16GB solid-state drive