The NV570P18u 15.6" Multi-Touch Notebook Computer from Gateway features a minimalist design and a metallic gray finish. Measuring 1.15" thin and weighing 5.84 pounds, this Gateway notebook is compact and portable. The 4-cell lithium ion battery sits flush into the chassis, which further streamlines this Gateway notebook's design. It also provides up to 4 hours of battery life on a single charge (battery life may vary).
The 15.6" touchscreen utilizes the multi-touch gestures integrated in Windows 8 with 10-point touch support. The display is LED-backlit, has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The Gateway NV570P18u also allows you to output video via the HDMI port.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Core i3-3217U processor. It also has 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader, a Kensington lock slot, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with high definition audio support.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3 Performance
- The Gateway notebook houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3-3217U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache and 4GB of DDR3 RAM, this Gateway notebook can run applications, open web pages, retrieve email and more
- 15.6" Widescreen LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 15.6" widescreen LED-backlit display with true cinematic 16:9 aspect ratio delivers an optimal viewing experience. The display is also a touchscreen so you'll be able to use the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. This Gateway notebook boasts a 1366 x 768 native resolution and integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 for smooth streaming of HD content. The HDMI port also allows you to output video to a larger external display, such as a monitor or an HDTV
- Portable Design
- Measuring 1.15" thin and weighing 5.84 pounds, this Gateway notebook is easy to travel with. The 4-cell battery fits flush into the chassis, further streamlining the Gateway notebook's look and provides up to 4 hours of battery life on a single charge (battery life may vary)
- Stay Connected
- With 802.11b/g/n Wireless and 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, you can access email, browse the web, connect to your social networks and more. Engage in high-quality face-to-face video chats with the built-in HD webcam and digital microphone
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it