The IdeaPad Z710 59387520 17.3" Notebook Computer from Lenovo features a 17.3" widescreen display. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory. The resolution allows the Z710 to play Full HD 1080p content natively without upscaling.
The system is powered by a quad-core 4th generation Haswell 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor. It also has 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L RAM, a 1TB hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater certification.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Lenovo IdeaPad Z710
- Quad-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- The Lenovo Z710 houses a 4th-generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.4GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.4GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The fourth generation Intel Core i7 processor uses less voltage than its predecessor for improved battery life. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to experience smooth and seamless multitasking
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M Graphics
- Built for a visually stunning gaming experience, the NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M arms you with industry-leading technologies including DirectX 11 support, dynamic PhysX effects, CUDA, and more. Based on NVIDIA's Kepler GPU architecture, the GeForce GT 745M provides optimal performance per watt. The SMX streaming multiprocessor is twice as efficient as the prior generation and the new geometry engine draws triangles twice as fast. The result is reliable performance, power efficiency and high image quality
- 17.3" Widescreen Display
- The 17.3" HD widescreen display features a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is the ideal standard for HDTVs. The 1920 x 1080 native resolution is supported by a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- With 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi support, the Lenovo Z710 allows you to connect to a public or private wireless network. Bluetooth 4.0 technology on the Z710 lets you connect a Bluetooth-compatible device, such as a wireless mouse
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 provides data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps, which is approximately 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 standard. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you'll still be able to use your older USB-compliant devices with the Lenovo Z710
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it