The dusk black IdeaPad Y510p 59385820 15.6" Notebook Computer from Lenovo features a 15.6" widescreen display with LED backlighting, which uses less power and provides better image quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution is supported by dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics cards in a SLI configuration.
The system is powered by a quad-core 4th generation Haswell 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor. It also has 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive with an 8GB solid state hybrid drive, a 6-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in JBL stereo speakers.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p
- Quad-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- The Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p houses a 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.4GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.4GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 4th generation Haswell processor uses low voltage to extend battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the quad cores up to eight virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking
- 15.6" Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" widescreen display is backlit with LEDs, which have low power consumption and high energy efficiency. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution. The native resolution allows you to play 1080p HD content right on your Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p's screen natively without upscaling. If you would rather view your content on a larger display, you can output video via the HDMI port
- Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M SLI Graphics
- Using performance efficient NVIDIA Kepler architecture, the dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics cards with 2GB of discrete memory each (4GB total) provide efficient performance and high quality graphics. The dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics cards are in a SLI configuration for improved performance. The SMS streaming multiprocessor is twice as efficient as the prior generation and the new geometry engine draws triangles twice as fast. The dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics cards utilize DirectX with Shader Model 5.0 support designed for ultra high performance in GPU-accelerated tessellation. You won't have to deal with jagged edges and screen tearing because the dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics cards provide smooth visual effects and stunning 1080p quality
- Stay Connected
- For the most reliable Internet access, you can't go wrong with a wired connection using the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack. However, if you would rather go wireless, you can utilize the 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to a public or home Wi-Fi network. For peripherals and accessories, the Bluetooth 4.0 technology on this Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p allows you to use them wirelessly provided that they are Bluetooth-compatible
- The AccuType Backlit Keyboard
- The AccuType keyboard boasts a modern look and feel with flatter, slightly curved keys that improve your comfort while increasing typing accuracy. And the standard backlighting makes typing easy in low-light conditions
- The Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p has an Ultrabay, which allows you to instantly swap out for dual graphics capability, increased storage space or even an additional fan for cooling. This particular Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p model currently has an additional graphics card for an NVIDIA SLI setup
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 provides data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you'll still be able to use your older USB-compatible devices with the Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it