The black Inspiron 15 i15RVT-6143BLK 15.6" Multi-Touch Notebook Computer from Dell features a 15" widescreen display that is backlit with LEDs for low power consumption and good energy efficiency. The display is also a touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures built into Windows 8. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core 3rd generation Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i3-3217U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader, an Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Dell Inspiron 15
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3 Performance
- The Dell Inspiron 15 houses a 3rd-generation Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3-3217U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. With a 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 15.6" TrueLife LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The 15.6" TrueLife widescreen display features LED backlight technology for lower power consumption and better energy efficiency. The screen also has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The display is also a touchscreen so you can take full advantage of the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8. The display also has a glossy finish for vibrant color. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- Gain access to the Internet using the reliable Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack. If you prefer to go wireless, you can use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. Bluetooth technology on the Dell Inspiron 15 allows you to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-compatible accessories, such as a Bluetooth mouse
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can transfer data up to 5Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, so you can still use all your USB-compatible devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps, and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it