PowerPoint 2013 from Microsoft, available via electronic download, is a Windows application that allows you to create interactive presentations, complete with multimedia elements. You'll be able to edit photos and videos from directly within the application, ensuring that your presentation has a professional look and feel. You can even share your presentation online, allowing you to collaborate with colleagues with ease. You'll also be able to store important presentations on your smartphone.
Presenter View allows you to see your notes on your monitor while the audience only sees the slide. It automatically adapts to your projection set-up, and you can even use it on a single monitor.
Themes now come with a set of variations, like different color palettes and font families. And, PowerPoint 2013 provides enhanced widescreen themes along with standard sizes. Choose a theme and variant from the start screen or from the Design tab.
Now you've got several ways to share a PowerPoint presentation over the Web. You can send out a link to the slides, or start a full-on Lync meeting that displays the deck with audio and IM. Your audience can join you from anywhere, on any device using Lync or the Office Presentation Service.
No more eyeballing objects on your slides to see if they're lined up. Smart Guides automatically appear when your objects, such as pictures, shapes, and more, are close to even, and they also tell you when objects are spaced evenly.
PowerPoint now supports more multimedia formats, such as .mp4 and .mov with H.264 video and Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) audio, and more high-definition content. PowerPoint 2013 includes more built-in codecs so you don't have to install them for certain file formats to work.
- Presenter View
- PowerPoint 2013 has behind-the-scenes tools to help you stay organized so your presentation is clear and to the point
- Slide Zoom
- The Slide Zoom feature in PowerPoint 2013 allows you to zoom in on a diagram, chart or a graphic on a slide to emphasize your point
- Slide Navigator
- Quickly switch slides, whether it's in or out of sequence, from a visual grid viewable at a glance. While in Presenter View, only you'll be able to see the visual grid while your audience only see the slide you've selected
- When you project your presentation to a second screen, your slides and Presenter View automatically appear on the correct screens
- Simplified Sharing
- You can be sure that you're all tracking only the latest version of a document because your files are saved online on SkyDrive or SharePoint by default. Send everyone a single link to the same file, along with their viewing and editing permissions, right from within PowerPoint 2013. Please note that an Internet connection and a Microsoft account are required to take advantage of this feature
- Keep track of the conversation. Place and reply comments right next to the slide area you're discussing so everyone can readily see who replied to whom and when
- PowerPoint Web App Coauthoring
- Work with your team on the same presentation at the same time, whether you're using PowerPoint on your desktop or the PowerPoint Web App. Please note that an Internet connection and a Microsoft account are required to take advantage of this feature as well
- Start Screen
- Jump-start your creative process by browsing the enhanced wide-screen themes displayed when PowerPoint opens
- Alignment Guides
- You'll be able to align shapes, text boxes and videos on your slides
- Merge Shapes
- Create your own shapes and customized icons with the Union, Combine, Fragment, Intersect and Subtract tools
- Theme Variants
- You can apply design variations with a click of a mouse