The RF-Link AGC-G21SC+ 10/100/1000Base-TX to 1000Base-SX/LX Multimode Gigabit Converter is designed to meet the massive needs for Gigabit network deployment and extend a copper-based Gigabit network via a fiber cable to a maximum distance of up to 80km (maximum distance varies from 550m to 80km depending on the model type of gigabit media converters used).
This converter is fully compliant with the IEEE802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab, and 802.3z standards. It can be installed into a 16-slot universal converter rack. The installation and operation procedures are simple and straightforward. The operation status can be locally monitored through a set of diagnostic LEDs located on the front panel.
- Link Alarm
Link Alarm feature allows users to easily identify and diagnose the link status of TP and F/O segment. When the Link Alarm is enabled, the TP and F/O ports will link up only when both the TP and F/O segment linking conditions are good.
If either TP or F/O segment is down during operation, the other port will also shut down the link to alert users and avoid packet loss. When the Link Alarm is disabled, the TP and F/O port will link up based on their own segment linking condition.
For example, if the F/O segment is down during operation, this device will not shut down the TP port link to the TP segment and vice versa.
- LED Functionality
Function: Lit when power is available
LED: TX/Link Act
Function: Lit when TP cable connection with remote device is good. Blink when TP traffic is present
LED: FO/Link Act
Function: Lit when Fiber cable connection with remote device is good. Blink when F/O traffic is present
Function: Lit when TP work in Full-Duplex. No-Lit when TP work in Half-Duplex
Function: No-Lit when TP work in 10M or No Link. Lit when TP work in 100M
Function: Lit when TP work in 1000M
Function: Lit when TP and F/O link up
Function: Lit when TP or F/O link down
- Additional Features
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3 10Base-T, 802.3u 100Base-TX, 802.3ab 1000Base-T, and 802.3z 1000Base-SX
- Provides 10/100/1,000 Mb/s Auto-Negotiation UTP and fiber media link up to 550m (cable dependent)
- MDI/MDIX auto-crossover support on RJ-45
- Support jumbo frame 9K bytes (64 to 9,216 byte); under 10,100,1000 Mb/s
- Support half-duplex and full-duplex operating modes
- Support auto-negotiation on the RJ-45 port
- Support flow control
- Complete set of diagnostic LEDs to indicate the converter's operating status
- Rugged metal case
- Compact and slim design
- Plug and Play installation
- Interface: 1 x 10/100/1000Mb/s RJ-45 LAN Connector, 1 x 1000Mb/s F/O port, SC connector
- LED: power, FDX, status, speed, FO link/act, TX link/act
- FCC compliant and CE mark