This is a 1-year subscription to the web-based QuickBooks Online Simple Start for Mac 2014 from Intuit. Easy to learn and use, the program enables you to get started and organize your small business finances quickly, all in one place, so you can find what you need right away. Save time by instantly creating invoices and paying bills with just a few clicks. Track sales and expenses and get reliable records for tax time, which will be a breeze for you thanks to one-click reports. Additionally, you can automatically download your online banking and credit card transactions into QuickBooks. Automatic data backups, ongoing support and upgrades to the latest version of QuickBooks Online are provided at no additional charge. Log in to a secure website to access your data from any Internet-connected Mac computer with Mac OS X and an Intel processor, or from a compatible mobile phone or tablet. No accounting experience or software installation is necessary.
What's Added or Improved in the 2014 Version?
- See What's Important Right Away
- Elegantly designed dashboards and feeds instantly show you the health of your business and the next steps to take.
- Customized Invoices in Minutes
- Add your company logo, a background image and custom fields, and choose your own font.
- Get Paid Faster on Invoices
- Now, customers can pay you online as soon as they get your emailed invoice. Simply activate the optional Payments add-on to accept credit cards, checks or bank transfers. Accept payments directly in QuickBooks, on your mobile device, or via emailed invoices. Mobile payment functionality supported on select phones. Full list of compatible phones available at http://payments.intuit.com/mobile_devices/. Know when your customers have received, viewed, and paid your invoices. QuickBooks automatically records their payment upon receipt. Also, with Payments, you can set up recurring billing on your own schedule, direct deposit to your bank account in as little as two days, and automatic alerts when payment is made. Additional fees apply when using Payments.
- Expenses Made Effortless
- Capture receipt photos on your mobile device and attach them to your QuickBooks expenses. No more saving paper receipts and hoping you remember to manually enter them later.
Features Retained from Earlier Versions
- No Installation, No Downloads
- As easy as visiting a website. Since it's completely web-based, you never have to install or download traditional software or worry about operating system compatibility. You just launch your web browser and go.
- Getting Started Guide
- A simple Getting Started Guide walks you through exactly what you need to do to get your business set up in QuickBooks Online. You can get started in minutes even if you don't have any accounting experience.
- Free Customer Support
- Get the answers you need for free. Intuit's QuickBooks Online experts can help you get started, figure out new features and more, so you can get the information you need at no additional charge. Phone support available Monday through Friday between 6 am - 6 pm PST.
- Import Contacts and Financial Data
- It's easy to import information from Excel 2003, 2007 or 2010, or QuickBooks desktop Simple Start Edition, Pro 99 through 2011, Premier Edition 99 through 2011, Enterprise Solutions 99 through 2011, or Basic 99 through 2005. Import from QuickBooks desktop must be completed within the first 30 days of setting up your new QuickBooks Online account.
- Your Data is Safe and Secure
- QuickBooks Online uses the same 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology as leading banks, so your data stays secure over the Internet.
- Create and Manage Invoices
- Create, customize and manage all your invoices with ease. Bill any customer for services, time or expenses (just once or on a recurring basis). Then track paid and unpaid invoices, so you can stay on top of your finances. Invoices are unlimited.
- Create and Transfer Estimates
- Create and send unlimited estimates using the same professional-looking templates as your invoices, and then transfer your quote to an invoice once your work is complete for faster billing.
- One-Click Business Reports
- Take advantage of 20+ built-in business reports, including balance sheets, profit and loss, and more, to show you where your business stands. Easily share them with your accountant at tax time, or your business partners at any time.
- Create, Print and Track Checks
- Stay on top of spending and get professional-looking checks. Just enter the amount and QuickBooks Online creates a check you can print and mail, adds it to your register and captures all the data automatically for client billing, expense tracking and reporting.
- Be Ready at Tax Time
- QuickBooks Online keeps all your financials in sync, so you can pull the numbers you need easily. Moreover, you can compute sales tax with QuickBooks Online and make your tax preparation simpler.
- Track Sales and Expenses
- Keep track of your money that goes in and out of your business. Track customer payments, bills paid and invoiced, checks written and received, credit card payments and more, so you know where your business stands.
- Downloaded Transactions
- Downloads your most recent transactions from your bank and credit card accounts, and learns from your behavior to automatically classify transactions.
- Customer Center
- Access all your customer data, including purchase history, average days to pay and outstanding balances from a single screen. See how much you've billed, what you've been paid and how much you're owed, customer by customer.
- Online Access
- You can work at your office, at home, on the road or anywhere there's an Internet connection. Since it's totally web-based, you have the freedom to run your business wherever you are. You can print an invoice at a client location, check finances while traveling or create an estimate from your home office.
- Mobile Access
Access QuickBooks with one touch from your iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone or tablet. Mobile apps are included free with your subscription. Manage your payables, receivables, bank balances, customer contact information and more from your device. Create and send invoices and estimates on the spot, and mark invoices as paid. You can also view customer balances.
Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost.
- Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation they will automatically get signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data. Only 1 of you will be able to use the program at a time.
- Automatic Backups and Upgrades
- You don't need to back up your data or upgrade your software yourself. It backs up your data for you regularly, so even if your computer crashes, your data is safe. Furthermore, since Intuit maintains a single, completely current version of the software online, every user has access to Intuit's most current QuickBooks.
- Online Payroll
- Allows you to pay W-2 employees and file payroll taxes. Tax calculations are done and tax forms are completed for you.
- Enables you to accept credit cards and bank transfers as payment.
- Use email, text, social and online reviews to grow your business and keep customers coming back.
- Salesforce CRM
- Benefit from increased leads, lead conversion, sales productivity and revenue.
- A variety of small business apps are available, including Time Tracking by TSheets for running payroll, billing and invoices against time tracked; Bill.com for paying bills online or by check; eCC Cloud for integrating your online store with QuickBooks so you can keep your accounting, customers and inventory in sync; and SOS Inventory for better inventory, order management, and manufacturing.