The Dropcam Pro Cloud-Based Wi-Fi Monitoring System is an easy to set up streaming indoor HD camera with two-way audio that serves as a baby monitor, surveillance camera, or a way to stay connected with loved ones when away from home. The Dropcam Pro features improvements over the original Dropcam, while still being just as easy to set up and use. It streams 720p video to the cloud using over your WiFi network, allowing you to view the live video stream from the camera from your mobile device or computer from anywhere you can get an internet connection. The two-way talk feature allows you to hear and speak to whoever is near the camera.
The camera features a 130° angle of view so you can see more of the room, and the 8x digital zoom lets you close in on what is happening. The camera streams HD video at 720p using the H.264 codec for excellent video quality with minimum data usage. When the lights are out the built-in IR emitters provide illumination for the camera, so you can still see images in the dark. Dropcam provides free mobile device and web apps for viewing and controling the camera system. The Dropcam Pro can be set up to deliver alerts on motion/event detection, and you can create a schedule of on off times for the system. Dropcam also provides a paid optional cloud based recording system, so you can record what you've missed.
- Easy Setup
- The Dropcam Pro sets up quickly, set up a complimentary account at Dropcam, connect the camera to your computer via the included USB cable, or connect wirelessly to your iOS device. Once the camera has been registered to your account, you use the USB cable and AC adapter to power the camera, there is no need for a direct connection to the computer.
- The camera connects to your Wi-Fi network and streams the video to the cloud, Dropcam servers, which then seamlessly allow you and anyone you allow access to the live video feed.
- The Dropcam Pro incorporates IR LED emitters that allow you to see an image up to 30 feet away from the camera, even in complete darkness.
- Two-Way Talk
- The camera features a built-in mic and speaker, so you can carry on a conversation with whomever is near the camera. This allows you to see what your family is doing and talk with them, while you are away from home.
- You can schedule your camera to automatically turn on and off at specified times during the day or week.
- You can set up event alert, that take a snapshot and alerts you via email or your mobile device when a motion event happens
- You can turn the IR emitters on/off or leave them on automatic.
- Optional Cloud Based Recording
- An available monthly cloud based recording plans allows you to record up to 30 days of video. You can save and share clips across the web and even download them to your computer.