The BDR-XD05 6x Slim Portable USB 3.0 BD/DVD/CD External Burner from Pioneer is a lightweight portable disc burner perfect for mobile workstations including netbook or notebook computers. Whether you need to burn Blu-ray, DVDs, or CDs, the BDR-XD05 can quickly and conveniently help you get the job done.
The drive allows you to watch both standard and 3D Blu-ray disc titles, write high-definition Blu-ray content to a disc, while also featuring high-capacity data storage with the included software. The drive supports the BDXL format, that can access 128 GB quad layer and 100 GB triple layer Blu-ray media. The BDR-XD05 can read BD-ROM discs, read/write to single, dual, triple, and quad layer BD-R discs, and is backward compatible to read and write to DVD and CD formats. It is USB bus powered so you don't need to carry around yet another AC adapter or power supply.
Lastly, the BDR-XD05 also has unique features such as PowerRead, Auto Quiet Mode, and PureRead. PowerRead 2 can provide smoother movie playback when a disc has fingerprints or minor surface scratches. Auto Quiet Mode intelligently adjusts the disc rotation speed to reduce noise (useful while watching movies or listening to music), and PureRead automatically adjusts the drive parameters to minimize sound glitches during music playback.
- 6x BD-R Max Write Speed
- 6x writing on BD-R single-layer and dual-layer discs. 4x writing on BD-R triple-layer and quad layer discs
- Store More Data
- Up to 156% more data storage capacity than a 50 GB Dual Layer Blu-ray disc. The BDXL format supports BDXL Blu-ray media (including 128 GB Quad Layer (QL) and 100 GB Triple Layer (TL) Blu-ray disc)
- Uninterrupted Movie Playback (PowerRead)
- Scratches, fingerprints and other abnormalities on the surface of a disc can sometimes cause Blu-ray and DVD movie playback to stop. When a PowerRead enabled drive is not able to read through obstructed areas of a disc, it will attempt to quickly move forward to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback
- Uninterrupted Music Playback (PureRead 2)
- Scratches and fingerprints on your CDs can cause them to skip. A drive normally makes a calculated guess at the unreadable data and attempts to correct this to match the original music. However this is not 100% accurate. PureRead 2, when enabled, makes the drive reread the obscured data to extract the original music as accurately as possible
- Wide Blank Media Support
- Pioneer strives to have best in class performance over a wide range of media - Pioneer drives achieve this for a large variety of BD and DVD media
- Auto Quiet Mode
- Pioneer drives with Auto Quiet Mode, monitor how they are being used and will adjust their speed automatically - high speed for data transfer, and low speed for music or movie playback
- Eco-Friendly Drive
Smaller packaging - saves resources and fuel for transportation.
Reduced power consumption on external USB drives which allows for eco-friendly USB bus-powered drives