The My Cloud EX4 Diskless Personal Cloud Storage Enclosure from Western Digital features four drive bays each capable of holding drives up to 4TB for a total capacity of 16TB. Inside the NAS enclosure you will find 512MB RAM and a 2.0GHz processor ensuring the enclosure works quickly and efficiently.
On the outside of the enclosure you will find two Gigabit Ethernet ports and two USB 3.0 ports. The integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports allow you to connect this drive to two different network connections creating a redundant connection should one fail. With two USB 3.0 ports you can expand your storage beyond what the enclosure can handle by adding additional external hard drives.
Along with enhanced connectivity options and expandable storage, this Western Digital NAS enclosure also supports a variety of apps allowing you to control and customize how your data is stored and managed. With the WD Desktop App you can access your data from nearly any Internet connected PC and even transfer data to and from a variety of public cloud services. You can also customize your NAS with apps like aMule, Icecast, Joomla!, phpBB, phpMyAdmin, and SqueezeCenter.
For the more advanced user this NAS enclosure has you covered. With features like iSCSI and FTP services you can link to a variety of data storage facilities and even use other EX4 enclosures for added data redundancy. With link aggregation and failover support you can instruct the enclosure to switch to a backup server or data connection if the initial connection fails. In the case of a power failure added UPS support via USB and network connections ensures your data will remain safe and the NAS enclosure can be shut down properly.
- Endless Options
- With the diskless enclosure you can easily add and hot swap up to four drives.
- High-Performance NAS
- Dual network connection options, a dedicated power supply, 512MB memory and 2.0GHz processor deliver reliable, enhanced performance for your home or small office.
- Drive Management and Data Protection at Its Best
- Choose from multiple options to secure your data including RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 or select from spanning and JBOD modes for even more options to manage your data.
- Easy to Manage
- A powerful dashboard and LCD display means your system is always under your control. Monitor your drives, manage users and utilize energy-saving features. Email and mobile alerts keep you informed on My Cloud EX4 status.
- Western Digital Desktop and Mobile Apps
- With WD's apps, you can upload, access and share your documents from anywhere. Conveniently transfer files from your public cloud service to the EX4 directly from the mobile app.
- Powerful Apps to Customize Your NAS
- Utilize a variety of intuitive apps such as aMule, Icecast, Joomla!, phpBB, phpMyAdmin, and SqueezeCenter to customize your NAS.
- Advanced Serving Options
- Integrated file server, FTP server, backup server, and P2P download server.
- Stream Media to Your Connected Devices
- Stream videos and photos to connected TVs, media players, gaming consoles, and other DLNA/UPnP devices. This NAS solution features a Twonky 7.2 and DLNA-certified 1.5 media server.
- Back Up, Your Way
- Protect your data with remote backup to another EX4, integrated cloud backup, or local LAN/WAN backup. Enjoy peace of mind with WD SmartWare Pro for PC users and Apple Time Machine for Mac users to protect your data.
- Increase Your Personal Cloud Capacity
- Simply attach a compatible USB hard drive directly to one of the two USB 3.0 expansion ports on My Cloud EX4 and instantly expand your storage capacity.
- Integrated Energy-Saving Features
- Save money on your energy bill with disk spin-down and scheduled power on/off features.
- Your Own Personal Cloud
- My Cloud EX4 allows you to keep all your content in one safe place at home or your office. No monthly fees, no limits.
- Advanced Features
- A full suite of advanced features to power your home or office including iSCSI target, full-featured FTP services, link aggregation, and failover support, jumbo frame support, iPv6 ready, UPS support (USB and network), real time resource monitor, volume encryption with boot-up password, SNMP, and virtual volumes.