The Bolt VS-560S Wireless TTL Flash is a shoe-mounted flash unit designed to work with Sony/Minolta's TTL metering system and features wireless TTL slave functionality. The flash has a guide number of 141' at ISO 100 and 50mm setting, giving it good power within its zoom range of 24-105mm. The head also tilts up 90° and swivels 120° to the right and 180° to the left. Additionally, the VS-560S has a PC sync port that allows for remote triggering of the flash and an HV port for external power connections.
A variety of settings and features can be accessed from the 1.8" backlit LCD screen located on the rear of the flash. This is where you can set TTL settings or even place the flash in manual mode with a power setting between 1/1 to 1/64. The VS-560S is also capable of high-speed and second-curtain synchronization, allowing for more creative shooting techniques and it has built-in reflector and diffuser panels to further enhance its capabilities. The flash runs on 4 AA batteries and comes with a stand.
This model uses the proprietary Sony/Minolta type shoe mount and is not compatible with Sony cameras that utilize the Multi-Interface Shoe.
Guide Number at ISO 100
- Compatible with Sony/Minolta's TTL metering system
- Flash coverage can be expanded to 18mm with the use of the built-in diffuser panel
- Flash duration of 1/1,000 to 1/20,000
- Flash recycle time of 0.5 to 9 seconds with Ni-MH batteries
- 1.8" backlit LCD display with updated button control scheme
- The adjustable five-position flash head can be tilted up 0-90°, left 0-120° and right 0-180°
- It has a motorized automatic and manual 24-105mm zoom head
- Seven manual mode power output settings of 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and 1/64
- Optical pulse wireless TTL with a range of up to 33' with 4 channels and 3 groups
- Slave timing modes include instant sync, skip one pre-flash, and skip two pre-flashes
- Autofocus assist light for working in dim conditions
- This flash supports both high speed and rear-curtain sync for more speed and flash control. It supports high-speed sync up to 1/8000 second--with cameras that support this speed--for shooting outdoors at wide apertures and fast shutter speeds, helping you to freeze motion better
- Flash exposure compensation of ±3 in 1/3 EV steps
- PC sync port for additional camera connection options
- Automatic power-saving function takes effect after 3 minutes of inactivity
- Locking hot shoe
- Flash ready light and test button
- Included flash stand features a 1/4"-20 thread for mounting on a tripod
- Can work with an optional external power pack through the use of the HV power port