The HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR Lens from Pentax is a portrait-length to telephoto zoom lens that provides a 35mm-equivalent focal range of 84.5-460mm. This extensive zoom range is complemented by the inclusion of two extra-low dispersion glass elements, which work to minimize chromatic aberrations and enhance overall image sharpness and clarity. A high-grade multi-layer HD coating has been applied to lens elements to help minimize flare and ghosting for enhanced contrast and, additionally, an SP Protect coating has also been applied to the front lens element to effectively protect it from dirt, oil, and finger prints.
The lens features a weather-resistant construction, which helps to prevent moisture and dust from entering the lens and affecting its performance and a highly durable metallic mount ensures a secure connection between the camera and lens. Pentax's Quick-Shift Focus System has also been incorporated into the design, which permits quick changing to manual focus control at any time, even in AF mode, for precise handling over the focal plane.
- Portrait-length to telephoto zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 84.5-460mm, covering an expansive zoom range that is suitable for a wide variety of subjects.
- High-grade multi-layer HD coating minimizes lens flare and ghosting to enhance contrast and color neutrality.
- Quick-Shift Focus System enables expedited switching to manual focus control at all times for precise handling that is well-suited to selective focus imagery.
- Super Protect coating helps to protect the front lens element from dirt and finger marks.
- Weather-resistant construction protects the lens from dust and moisture for ensured use in inclement conditions.