The Fujitsu ScanSnap SV600 Overhead Scanner provides simple scanning of delicate documents and books due to the unique overhead scanning method. It scans the document by moving the head over the top and can complete a scan in approximately 3 seconds. This is due to the linear CCD image sensor and directed LED lamp, which combine to create monochrome images up to 1,200 dpi and color or grayscale images up to 600 dpi.
Not having to physically place your documents and items onto a scanning area protects them from damage and allows for different shaped and sized documents to be scanned. This includes items like books, or documents with notes placed on them, which can be scanned without any hassle. The SV600 can handle documents from business cards up to A3-sized documents in landscape orientation. It can also handle document up to 1.2" thick.
Bundled with the scanner are multiple pieces of software. This includes the driver, file management, business card management, PDF editing, text recognition, document filing, Evernote, and ECM linking software. Also included are the AC cable and adapter, a USB 2.0 cable, background pad, two extenders, and three DVD-ROMs with the software.
- Scanning Performance
- The SV600 Scanner can handle an A3-sized document in color at 600 dpi or monochrome at 1,200 dpi in approximately 3 seconds
- One-Touch Scanning
- With the single press of a button the scanner can be set to scan after a programming period of time. Also, it features automatic page turning detection or timed modes for scanning multiple pages of a book continuously
- Multiple Document Detection
- Automatically detects multiple documents on scanning surface and crops each one individually, very helpful for handling business cards
- Auto Image Correction
- Automatically corrects distortion from scanning open books. This can be fine tuned by using the preview screen, including removing fingers holding the book open
- ScanSnap Software
- Version 6.2 of ScanSnap Manager provides a driver for the scanner to function with your computer which works with ScanSnap Organizer version 5.1 for easily handling your files after each scan
- Business Card Management
- When you scan business cards they can be managed in one place with CardMinder version 5.0
- PDF Editing
- Adobe Acrobat Standard is included to provide you with basic PDF file editing functions
- Text Recognition
- ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap 5.0 allows scanned documents to be read and recognized as text on your computer
- Rack2-Filer Smart
- This software features an intuitive Magic Desktop interface for finding and storing your documents. It also allows for easy book creation by using the scanned cover of the book to create a book on your computer
- Evernote Microsoft SharePoint Compatibility
- The SV600 is able to scan directly to Evernote and Microsoft SharePoint using the bundled software