The red Micro Cube GX Guitar Amplifier from Roland is a portable amplifier designed for playing guitar and audio from your iOS device while at home, on trips, and at parties. It features 8 different COSM amp tones ranging from clean jazz to extreme metal as well as 8 DSP effects for further shaping your tone. The amp has a single 5-inch speaker capable of 3 watts of output. Thanks to its memory button, you can store your settings and recall favorite tones.
The Micro Cube GX 1/4" connector also serves as a mic input, while its i-Cube Link 1/8" input allows you to connect your iOS device for playback from your music library or apps for a variety of connectivity options. A rear-panel 1/8" stereo record and headphone output can be used for monitoring your playback in quiet settings or recording directly to your smartphone. The amp can be battery or AC powered and includes a carry strap.
- Tone to Go
- The Micro Cube GX features the same compact footprint, battery-powered operation, and tone as the original Micro Cube. With up to 25 hours of playing time using six Ni-MH AA-size batteries, you can enjoy uninterrupted fun while jamming at home, at the beach, on camping trips, at parties or wherever! Increased power output delivers even louder performance than before, and a chromatic tuner is built in, eliminating the need to carry an external tuner when you play
- Amps and Effects
- Filled with Roland's COSM amps, the Micro Cube GX provides tones for playing any musical style, from clean jazz to heavy rock and everything in between. The newly added Extreme amp kicks things up a notch, giving you a massive voice for crushing, in-your-face metal riffs. There's also a Mic setting for using the amp with a vocal microphone. Five different EFX types are available to sweeten your sound, with a new Heavy Octave effect that works great for adding unique, ultra-low power to distorted tones. An independent Delay/Reverb processor is onboard as well, with a newly added spring reverb option for surf and roots-rock sounds
- Total Recall
- The new Memory function turns the Micro Cube GX into a dual-channel amp, increasing its versatility. Just dial up the amp tone and effects you want, hold the Memory button for a few seconds, and your settings are saved! After that, you can toggle between the saved setup and the current knob settings with a quick button press. Use it for saving a favorite sound, switching between rhythm and lead tones, or calling up a special sound for a particular song or style
- i-Cube Link: Built-In Interface for iOS Devices
- Onboard the Micro Cube GX is Roland's innovative i-Cube Link interface, which lets you integrate with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using a real guitar amp with great tone. i-Cube Link connects to your device's audio jack with the included cable, providing two-way communication with your favorite music apps. With i-Cube Link, you can play along with music tracks and send COSM tones with effects straight into the recording app of your choice. The versatile i-Cube Link jack can also be used as a simple stereo input, enabling you to plug in nearly any music player or audio device and play it through the Micro Cube GX
- Cube Jam App
- Available for free from the App Store, the Roland Cube Jam app turns your iOS device into a command center for jamming, recording, and learning. Play back commercial songs and minus-one tracks through the Micro Cube GX via i-Cube Link and riff along for hours with the amp's COSM tones. Cube Jam also records audio through the i-Cube Link connection, letting you capture your jams with a single touch. After recording, you can adjust the volume of your guitar and backing music independently in the app, then export your mix to a 16-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV file. Cube Jam also includes powerful tools for music practice, including independent speed and pitch adjustment of audio playback, Center Cancel to remove solos and create your own jam tracks, and more