The mineral ash black ATIV Book 9 Plus NP940X3G-K04US 13.3" Multi-Touch Ultrabook Computer from Samsung features a 13.3" QHD+ LED-backlit display and a large 3200 x 1800 native resolution, resulting in 275 pixels per inch (ppi). The display is also a capacitive touchscreen with 10-point touch support so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8.1. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, it supports 1080p Full HD content natively without upscaling. You can also output video to an external display via the micro-HDMI port or using Intel Wireless Display (WiDi).
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-4500U processor. It also has 8GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 256GB solid state drive, a 3-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet (via the included dongle), 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam, and dual-array microphones. There are also built-in stereo speakers with high definition audio support.
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 (64-bit) improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click will simply take you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8 Start screen. Windows 8.1 (64-bit) provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus
- 13.3" QHD+ LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus has a 13.3" LED-backlit display with a 3200 x 1800 native resolution. With 275 pixels per inch (ppi), you'll be able to experience sharp text, detailed picture quality and vibrant color. The screen is also a 10-point capacitive touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8.1. The screen is also made of Corning Gorilla Glass for added durability and scratch resistance. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, you'll be able to play 1080p Full HD content natively.
- Dual-Core Haswell Intel Core i7-4500U Performance
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus houses an Intel Core i7-4500U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The Haswell processor uses low voltage, which provides better battery life. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 8GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to push the dual cores into 4 virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking.
- Intel Wireless Display
- The 13.3" QHD+ LED-backlit widescreen display works while on the road, but the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus also lets you stream content to your HDTV wirelessly. With built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) technology in the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus, you can view all your photos and videos wirelessly on an Intel WiDi compatible external display. You can also use displays without built-in Intel WiDi technology by using an optional TV adapter. Experience all your content in full 1080p HD on your big-screen HDTV.
- Stay Connected
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus utilizes 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi so you'll be able to connect to wireless networks with ease. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also included, which allows you to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and accessories. You can also use a wired 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connection with the included dongle.
- Samsung SuperBright Technology
- The display of this ATIV Book 9 Plus is capable of achieving a brightness of 350 nits. The display's high brightness allows this ATIV Book 9 to be used in brightly lit environments that produce glare, such as outdoors in sunlight.
- Auto-Sensing Screen and Backlit Keyboard
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus features a built-in sensor that automatically adjusts the screen and keyboard brightness depending on the light conditions. For better visibility and ease of use, the keyboard backlight brightens in dark environments and turns off when the surroundings become bright.
- Samsung SideSync
- Now your Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet can become an extension of your notebook when the devices are connected through a USB cable or Wi-Fi. With Phone Screen Sharing Mode, you can view your Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet directly on your PC's screen or connected monitor. Through this screen virtualization mode you can directly control your mobile device from your PC.
- Samsung HomeSync Lite
- Use your ATIV Book 9 Plus as a cloud hub. You'll be able to easily sync your devices with Samsung HomeSync Lite. Back up content on your ATIV Book 9 Plus. Make your ATIV Book 9 Plus a cloud hub where photos, videos, music and files from your devices are stored. Store all your data on the 256GB solid state drive of the ATIV Book 9 Plus. When devices are synced with Samsung HomeSync Lite, take a photo on your phone, and it's instantly uploaded to your ATIV Book 9 Plus, ready to be viewed on all connected devices. Create a home cloud with Samsung HomeSync Lite.
- USB 3.0
- The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus features USB 3.0, which has a high speed data transfer rate of 5 Gbps. That's 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 standard. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can still use your USB 2.0-compliant devices
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control, Network options, and more
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8.1 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps, and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8.1 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse, or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book, or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8.1 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom, and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it